Summer Workouts | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

1A423D40-53CB-4655-B76E-00900A98AD4F.jpeg

Didn't the college kids win a scrimmage game that Daly didn't let MJ play in? Then the team decided not to sleep walk along with MJ playing and smoked them.
I remember a different story... It may be apocryphal or paraphrased.

Specifically one of the college kids talked some trash during a scrimmage the Dream Team guys barely showed up for, and managed to get under Larry Bird and Magic Johnson's skin.

Magic started passing the ball to Bird in the same spot every time, calling out what moves he could do. Even knowing what Bird was going to do, and from where in the court, he scored ten baskets in a row on the poor college kids. Daly called the scrimmage off because the young guys were getting sad/mad about it.

EDIT: I found a link. Jamal Mashburn telling the story.

Last edited:

Specifically one of the college kids talked some trash during a scrimmage the Dream Team guys barely showed up for, and managed to get under Larry Bird and Magic Johnson's skin.

Magic started passing the ball to Bird in the same spot every time, calling out what moves he could do. Even knowing what Bird was going to do, and from where in the court, he scored ten baskets in a row on the poor college kids. Daly called the scrimmage off because the young guys were getting sad/mad about it.

Just looked up to see what happened to Rodney Rogers(Wake Forest). He had a pretty decent career in the NBA but was in a Dirt bike accident in 2008 and is paralyzed from the shoulders down. Sad.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or remembering a story about a different scrimmage. I think the story I'm thinking of (or remembering wrong) was told during the last dance series that was on espn.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or remembering a story about a different scrimmage. I think the story I'm thinking of (or remembering wrong) was told during the last dance series that was on espn.
The college kids won the first scrimmage while the Dream Team was sleepwalking, just getting some exercise... Then the trash talk got the pros focused and it wasn't close from then on.

So, yeah, both things happened. :)

Mintz and Symir are the PGs. Wasn't that assumed? I guess on a national level perhaps not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom