Summer Workouts | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Judah, Quadir, and Chris all throwing down at the Melo...
Click on Judah's IG story before it goes away.

Youth- having fun. Love to see it. Enjoy every minute of it young fellas.

Judah, Quadir, and Chris all throwing down at the Melo...
Click on Judah's IG story before it goes away.
Wow chris got up high. Dirty 2.0?

Good experience for him but also takes away a chunk of valuable time that would've been used for gelling with teammates, esp the incoming frosh

Good experience for him but also takes away a chunk of valuable time that would've been used for gelling with teammates, esp the incoming frosh

I think Williams getting international game experience and perhaps being reminded that he's a very good player will matter more than a week of coachless scrimmages against his college teammates.

Of course, I had the same argument for Edwards playing internationally.

As I noted, of course it's a good experience for him.
We've seen, though, these past few years the team starting out the season less than cohesive. This isn't "meaningless scrimmages" time, it's bonding time, get to know and trust your teammates time (especially, for example, with the point guard to-be not arriving on campus until last week) - and every day working together (esp on the court) is invaluable between now and November.
Not saying he shouldn't be going, just saying that with so many new parts I really really hope they can be ready to go as a cohesive unit come game time.

As I noted, of course it's a good experience for him.
We've seen, though, these past few years the team starting out the season less than cohesive. This isn't "meaningless scrimmages" time, it's bonding time, get to know and trust your teammates time (especially, for example, with the point guard to-be not arriving on campus until last week) - and every day working together (esp on the court) is invaluable between now and November.
Not saying he shouldn't be going, just saying that with so many new parts I really really hope they can be ready to go as a cohesive unit come game time.

It's too bad the foreign trip/summer games rule is limited to 1 trip every 4 years. I feel like if a roster has 7 new scholarship guys they should be allowed to play some formal game.

This is a better deal for Benny than beating up on freshmen - kid needs to be pushed and compete at higher levels consistently.

We've had good outcomes with most of the players who've participated in this summer tour [with the notable recent exception of Jalen Carey]. But most benefit from the experience.

Williams needs game experience. This will help provide that, to set him up for a bigger role as s sophomore. At least, on paper. ; )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom