Summer Workouts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Everyone is sleeping on Bunch IMO.
Bunch is the guy who could be really good for us or could be in the doghouse very early and not work his way out, get frustrated and transfer.

Just being realistic based on scouting reports and what people have said.

Far more realistic that Taylor, who by all accounts is more consistent with effort, gets a shot first. If Bunch makes that commitment to both ends of the court, his upside and fit for what we need is greater. But as a true freshman, that's far from a guarantee.

Bunch is the guy who could be really good for us or could be in the doghouse very early and not work his way out, get frustrated and transfer.

Just being realistic based on scouting reports and what people have said.

Far more realistic that Taylor, who by all accounts is more consistent with effort, gets a shot first. If Bunch makes that commitment to both ends of the court, his upside and fit for what we need is greater. But as a true freshman, that's far from a guarantee.

Perfectly summarized.

Bunch has all of the tools.

Girard and Mintz are stroking the ball. Benny, he’s kinda…lying in the weeds. Jesse’s off to a slow start. But…look out! They’re gonna bust loose. They’re ….they’re gonna bust loose.

Agreed.

Would be shocked if he isn't a first game starter.
JT does look like he's putting in the effort coming in with a college ready body. I'm not sure if Mintz was promised a starting spot or just a lot of minutes but Dasher is usually right. Awhile back sounded like from Bunch's camp that it was implied he would start. Also, seems like he's "currently" a JB favorite. Bunch family is very well connected and I am sure most of you know some of those back stories.
I agree with you, Bees, Alaska, and a few other guys that Sy is underrated. He's probably the guy best at making others better. Prob a bit optimistic, but would be nice if he could man the 3 (Gbjinje) in the zone for some min to have the 3 guard lineup. No way JG3 could and doubtful Mintz should be put there. I'd assume we'd need our best defensive rebounding 4 and Jessie out there for Sy/JG/Mintz lineup. Is that Benny?
If Quad decides to play good Defense is he in the equation for that 3 spot that it seems is between Bunch and JT?

Last edited:
JT does look like he's putting in the effort coming in with a college ready body. I'm not sure if Mintz was promised a starting spot or just a lot of minutes but Dasher is usually right. Awhile back sounded like from Bunch's camp that it was implied he would start. Also, seems like he's "currently" a JB favorite. Bunch family is very well connected and I am sure most of you know some of those back stories.
I agree with you, Bees, Alaska, and a few other guys that Sy is underrated. He's probably the guy best at making others better. Prob a bit optimistic, but would be nice if he could man the 3 (Gbjinje) in the zone for some min to have the 3 guard lineup. No way JG3 could and doubtful Mintz should be put there. I'd assume we'd need our best defensive rebounding 4 and Jessie out there for Sy/JG/Mintz lineup. Is that Benny?
If Quad decides to play good Defense is he in the equation for that 3 spot that it seems is between Bunch and JT?
If the three guards in the likely rotation, Torrence is the only one that could play the 3. Girard is way too short and Mintz is way too slight of build. It's arguable is Torrence could do it, but he at least has a shot of rebounding against some ACC teams. Neither of the other guys could.

If the three guards in the likely rotation, Torrence is the only one that could play the 3. Girard is way too short and Mintz is way too slight of build. It's arguable is Torrence could do it, but he at least has a shot of rebounding against some ACC teams. Neither of the other guys could.
None of them can do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom