Summer Workouts | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

It’s the dog days of summer- folks are a little bent. With CR hanging over our heads like a proverbial sword, and a dismal showing by the AD last season, in all areas, it’s a little understandable.
We want, nay we NEED , some good sports news….if not any news period. Next year will be pivotal.

For a moment you had me thinking Runner was posting wild again...

For a moment you had me thinking Runner was posting wild again...
Angry Downton Abbey GIF

I refuse to talk about “he-who-shall-not-be-named”, lest he gets the idea that I take him seriously…which I don’t.

Chris Bunch posted a "bunch" of instagram stories last night of him shooting around. I was going to post a link, but I believe I can only link one story at a time, and it's a video that spans several. He looks the part. We'll see whether he buys in.

Chris Bunch posted a "bunch" of instagram stories last night of him shooting around. I was going to post a link, but I believe I can only link one story at a time, and it's a video that spans several. He looks the part. We'll see whether he buys in.

When I watched the first one it went to the next on it’s own.

Is it safe to say, he made a 'BUNCH' of shots. I'm sure that'll be said a lot next few years.

Syracuse sophomore forward Benny Williams has been selected to participate with USA East Coast Basketball in August. The squad is scheduled to travel to Barcelona, Spain for competition.

USA East Coast will be conducting a two-day training camp at Columbia University before traveling to Barcelona. The squad will be coached by Utah Jazz assistant coach Alex Jensen.

The USA East Coast roster is made up of six juniors and seven sophomores. Williams will be teamed with fellow ACC players Jaylen Blakes (Duke), John Hugley IV (Pittsburgh) and JR Konieczny (Notre Dame).

Anyone hear whether any freshmen are considering redshirting?

Why would they?

In the Portal Era, if you're not getting PT, you can open yourself up to the entire market again the next year, rather than waiting around hoping to earn PT at your first college choice.

Unless somebody gets injured, I doubt we see a RS ever again.

Why would they?

In the Portal Era, if you're not getting PT, you can open yourself up to the entire market again the next year, rather than waiting around hoping to earn PT at your first college choice.

That's true. The rules are evolving so they can play more games if they redshirt, not sure what will happen. You're right it won't be as common. Selfishly I'd like to see projects redshirt so if they emerge as a stud, like Jesse, we can have them longer.

Why would they?

The second transfer requires you sit out a year. I could definitely see some kids transferring and finding out the grass isn't greener.

Then either they redshirt to wait on a better situation at their new school, or transferring again and being forced to wait a year.

I agree that very few freshman will redshirt.

The second transfer requires you sit out a year. I could definitely see some kids transferring and finding out the grass isn't greener.

Then either they redshirt to wait on a better situation at their new school, or transferring again and being forced to wait a year.

I agree that very few freshman will redshirt.

New rules coming. Unlimited transfers.

Everybody plays. Nobody has to sit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom