Summer Workouts | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Im curious what you think his role could be? I think its very limiting to be a 6'1 or 6'2 off ball guard thats not a very good shooter.

If he can be a 37/38 pct shooter from distance, a good defender and has his lift back, then he can be a nice bench piece especially against smaller lineups. He would be a utility backup. If he has truly improved then some of those limitations that keep him off the floor are no longer a major concern.

His conditioning clearly was very poor last year and his shooting was up and down. His defense was good at times( flashes)but not always. Experience wise he was also basically a freshman. So as a matchup driven sub and just depth given you have a true frosh and then a guy coming off injury to go with JJ, Carlos and Taylor I think he can earn minutes with his skillset. He isn’t going to be out there with Carlos much and likely not against bigger backcourts so his role is still probably limited unless his handle has massively improved.

Im curious what you think his role could be? I think its very limiting to be a 6'1 or 6'2 off ball guard thats not a very good shooter.
Didn't he win the 3-point shooting team contest last year? I know that means little as far as in-game shooting and his numbers last year show that...but doesn't it also show that he can indeed shoot? And might be better than he showed last season.

Didn't he win the 3-point shooting team contest last year? I know that means little as far as in-game shooting and his numbers last year show that...but doesn't it also show that he can indeed shoot? And might be better than he showed last season.
Im sure hes a better 3pt shooter then he showed but thats a necessity if your 6'1 and cant have ball handling responsibilities.

Cuffe shot about 41% from the floor, and 34% from 3 for the season last year.
Not terrible, especially for a guy coming off of multiple injuries.

We've had plenty of players who were very high volume, who shot a lot worse.
Cough cough, Judah, cough cough - he shot a little under 44% from floor, 28% from 3.
Ooof.
JT started every game - and shot 35% from the floor, 30% from 3.

Back to Cuffe - he averaged a little under 11 minutes / game.
For a role player in limited minutes, he did fine.

Expect him to make a leap this year, especially if he's fully healthy now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom