Summer Workouts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Looking forward to seeing when Jyare gets here and to work

Everyday Choppa posts photos of him in the Melo Center working out. Kids a grinder. He did same in HS too.

Very excited to see how he develops. Everyone around him says he’s got a special motivation and “it” factor. We’ve been missing those types of guys with the extra drive.

Chance, Red, Elijah, Eddie, JJ, Naheem, Lucas
Good to see McLeod running. Last year he averaged 4.3 rbg and 3.9 ppg in 14 minutes. I wouldn't expect him to play more than 14 mpg this season, but if he can get one more bucket and one more rebound in the same amount of game time, I think that's a success.

Everyday Choppa posts photos of him in the Melo Center working out. Kids a grinder. He did same in HS too.

Very excited to see how he develops. Everyone around him says he’s got a special motivation and “it” factor. We’ve been missing those types of guys with the extra drive.

Yeah and you see JJ and Jaquan putting the late hours in to set the tone too. Eddie it seems as well. Good habits forming. When Davis gets on campus he is the same kind of kid.

I am genuinely excited for the upcoming season. Lampkin and McLeod as a tandem is solid. Love the veterans added to the roster. Worst case Freeman is a good rebounder and long athletic defender. IMO season comes down to JJ and Bell. Both 3rd year guys who have the ability to take the next step. If they do this is a top 4/5 ACC team.

I wonder why they are blurring out EL’s orange shirt…
I wonder why they are blurring out EL’s orange shirt…

Just a guess but given the lawsuit maybe lawyers don’t want to allow Eddie to market it and make money of his name associated with that number. He can wear it but can’t make money off of it or something like that given the outstanding case.

Just a guess but given the lawsuit maybe lawyers don’t want to allow Eddie to market it and make money of his name associated with that number. He can wear it but can’t make money off of it or something like that given the outstanding case.
I’m pretty sure that big Ed has been wearing Will Pat’s old practice jersey (#21)

I’m pretty sure that big Ed has been wearing Will Pat’s old practice jersey (#21)

The blue one yes- but orange ones might be different

I like the form on that jumper. Looks pretty pure for a 34 pct 3 pt shooter. Like the big man setting that pick and rolling hard to the rim for a pass or board.
Reminder to everyone about dasher repeated message that the staff likes Carlos a lot more than the average fan seems to

Given they have already gotten commitments from our 2 (should be 3 soon) highest recruits in 10 years, including the best recruit since Melo, I am biased to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Reminder to everyone about dasher repeated message that the staff likes Carlos a lot more than the average fan seems to

Given they have already gotten commitments from our 2 (should be 3 soon) highest recruits in 10 years, including the best recruit since Melo, I am biased to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
I agree with everything you said. I think the staff is definitely earning the “benefit of the doubt” so far.

However, my concern was less with Carlos and more with the PG situation in general. Right now it appears to me the #2 PG would be Westry - so you’re counting on him being fully back and adjusted to the college game after being out with an injury last year and hasn’t been healthy in 2 years. Cuffe to me is more of a 2 despite his size. This also says to me that JJ is going to be handling the ball a fair amount. Those 4 are it for ball handlers for the most part - then you still have Moore and Taylor.

I do worry that when we look back at this season we’ll say the depth at PG hurt us.

I agree with everything you said. I think the staff is definitely earning the “benefit of the doubt” so far.

However, my concern was less with Carlos and more with the PG situation in general. Right now it appears to me the #2 PG would be Westry - so you’re counting on him being fully back and adjusted to the college game after being out with an injury last year and hasn’t been healthy in 2 years. Cuffe to me is more of a 2 despite his size. This also says to me that JJ is going to be handling the ball a fair amount.

I do worry that when we look back at this season we’ll say the depth at PG hurt us.

We did just come off a season where we had no PG at all ( Judah had a handful of games where he played like a point but that’s it) so while it’s very possible, the fact we have a couple guys who can actually play the role of true facilitator is a nice progression.

Looking at how Judah ended up only getting a summer league invite vs any kind of contract is quite telling about where he is as a player and teammate in the eyes of those matter when it comes to talent.

We did just come off a season where we had no PG at all ( Judah had a handful of games where he played like a point but that’s it) so while it’s very possible, the fact we have a couple guys who can actually play the role of true facilitator is a nice progression.
You are correct. It is most definitely an improvement. I do just wish he grabbed another one lol.

You are correct. It is most definitely an improvement. I do just wish he grabbed another one lol.

Me too- I’m just hoping seeing so much of Chance being out there practicing never changes and we finally get a break for a change

Last two seasons I was saying let’s see if these kids are ready to step up for the big show.

This year I’m saying let’s see what these men can do. Finally we have the experience on our side after 2 years of facing down 5-6 year Covid kids.

Outside of Donnie who’s playing with an Olympic team full of NBA players and Choppa this team is a group of grown men that are professionals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom