Summer Workouts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Last two seasons I was saying let’s see if these kids are ready to step up for the big show.

This year I’m saying let’s see what these men can do.
This year will tell us a lot about how Red really wants to play - hard to install a system properly without full buy-in, let alone how many guys were out of position.

Last two seasons I was saying let’s see if these kids are ready to step up for the big show.

This year I’m saying let’s see what these men can do. Finally we have the experience on our side after 2 years of facing down 5-6 year Covid kids.

Outside of Donnie who’s playing with an Olympic team full of NBA players and Choppa this team is a group of grown men that are professionals.
For that reason, I feel really good about this time. In recent prior years, I was overly optimistic and hopeful when I shouldn't have been, because I'm a glass half full guy. I will be really disappointed if this team doesn't make the tournament.

Just a guess but given the lawsuit maybe lawyers don’t want to allow Eddie to market it and make money of his name associated with that number. He can wear it but can’t make money off of it or something like that given the outstanding case.

I’m pretty sure that big Ed has been wearing Will Pat’s old practice jersey (#21)

The blue one yes- but orange ones might be different

I think it’s just reversible blue/orange
Yeah, he has been wearing the #21 reversible practice jersey from last year (Patterson). But from today’s video package they were blurring out an orange t-shirt (not a jersey). It could be the lawsuit or maybe he had something on that was orange but not SU licensed.

For that reason, I feel really good about this time. In recent prior years, I was overly optimistic and hopeful when I shouldn't have been, because I'm a glass half full guy. I will be really disappointed if this team doesn't make the tournament.
Don't apologize. This is what true fans do.

He doesn’t stop….
IMG_4956.jpeg

I am genuinely excited for the upcoming season. Lampkin and McLeod as a tandem is solid. Love the veterans added to the roster. Worst case Freeman is a good rebounder and long athletic defender. IMO season comes down to JJ and Bell. Both 3rd year guys who have the ability to take the next step. If they do this is a top 4/5 ACC team.
It certainly has the potential to be a really solid team. Would be the first time in a long time.. too long.

our leading scorer this year
I think we'll have four guys that could go for 15+ any given night: Bell, Starling, Lampkin, and Freeman. I think two of them will average 15+ in Bell and Starling.

I hope the team gels defensively, because we definitely are going to score.

Freeman trying to guard the NBA guys on the Bahamas national team could be a huge benefit to him trying to guard mere ACC players next season. I'm hoping Bell and Starling just get enough better that they give us a chance for the rebound most possessions. At least we know Lampkin isn't going to get pushed around, and neither will McLeod...

Is it safe to assume Donnie will be arriving in Cuse soon?

Lucas Taylor’s role is going to be very interesting on this team. I could see him as instant offense off the bench or as the starting shooting guard.
He has great form on his jumper. Feels like he'll thrive in a smaller and specific role.

Don’t know the statistic on this, but we have had a major transformation in average age on the roster from last year to this year, as well as average weight. Even the returnees look bigger in these photos.
JB didn't enforce lifting weights the way any modern coach does.

We had generations of players come and go without gaining any muscle during their time here.

The guys who got substantially bigger like Jason Hart and Etan Thomas were the exceptions to the greater rule.

With Red as head coach, we saw immediate returns from the weight room... Mintz was much bigger from one year to the next, for instance.

I imagine we'll get used to guys gaining weight during their careers from now on.

Last edited:

We had generations of players come and go without gaining any muscle during their time here.

The guys who got substantially bigger like Jason Hart and Etan Thomas were the exceptions to the greater rule.

With Red as head coach, we saw immediate returns from the weight room... Mintz was much bigger from one year to the next, for instance.

I imagine we'll get used to guys gaining weight during their careers from now on.
No mention of Bell?

Probably should've been in a film room or shooting from the 3 pt line instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom