Summer Workouts | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

No Way What GIF by Laff

Chance looks like he runs like Joe Ingels in the video they posted today
How does Joe Ingels run?

I haven't heard of him, and Google thought I meant Joe Ingles, 6'9" bench forward for the Orlando Magic.

How does Joe Ingels run?

I haven't heard of him, and Google thought I meant Joe Ingles, 6'9" bench forward for the Orlando Magic.
Not an NBA guy and have never heard of this guy.

It does not sound Chance getting compared to him is a compliment.

that doesnt look like rust, that looks like injury

Looks like a guy coming off injury that doesn't trust it 100% yet. I feel bad for the guy, has to suck being injured for 2 years. I didn't see anything catastrophic in his movement but certainly tentative and placing those feet down consciously and as softly as he can while running.

Form on the shot looks good.

Wow. It looks like Westry is worried his knee is going to explode every time he goes at full speed. My optimism for his return just dropped a notch. :(

He still has the summer and fall to get fully back into shape, and then a soft early season to get into game shape, so we'll see.
Yeah, I've posted this about 30 times at this point but everyone needs to just be rooting for this kid to get back, get somewhere close to healthy and ideally contribute in some way. That is a pretty good goal for what he's dealt with the past two years.

If he is great on both ends and in transition and is running point for us etc., that's amazing. But anyone banking on that happening either knows something most of us don't or is SUPER optimistic. I am rooting for Westry and we could absolutely use the kid the hype says he is (or was), but we can't be banking on that.

Wow. It looks like Westry is worried his knee is going to explode every time he goes at full speed. My optimism for his return just dropped a notch. :(

He still has the summer and fall to get fully back into shape, and then a soft early season to get into game shape, so we'll see.
Looks fine to me.

Looks fine to me.
He seemed a bit slow footed in one of the drills. Plodded a bit running to the corner.

The thing we don’t know though is under what circumstances that film was taken.

To my eyes, he looked like his legs were gassed and he was making do as best he could. That looks like a guy whose legs are full of lactic acid. Was this video taken at the start or the end of practice?

I think that is a really important detail.

That said, I will feel a lot better about Chance if we soon see him running full speed on a fast break, throwing a dunk down hard and racing back on defense.

Most of practice involves doing drills like Chance was clearly doing on that one run to the corner that I assume is concerning some so much. I think it is normal to go easy on these kinds of drills.

Hopefully we got more scrimmage type video soon, like the small piece we saw late when Chance drove to the hoop and scored.

Really rooting for Chance. Not just because I am a Syracuse fan and he is a big piece of the puzzle for this team to be very good. It has to be really though to be unable to play for so long so young. That long wait had to be really hard for him.

He seemed a bit slow footed in one of the drills. Plodded a bit running to the corner.

To my eyes, he looked like his legs were gassed and he was making do as best he could. That looks like a guy whose legs are full of lactic acid. Was this video taken at the start or the end of practice?

That said, I will feel a lot better about Chance if we soon see him running full speed on a fast break, throwing a dunk down hard and racing back on defense.

Most of practice involves doing drills like Chance was clearly doing on that one run to the corner that I assume is concerning some so much. I think it is normal to go easy on these kinds of drills.

Hopefully we got more scrimmage type video soon, like the small piece we saw late when Chance drove to the hoop and scored.

Really rooting for Chance. Not just because I am a Syracuse fan and he is a big piece of the puzzle for this team to be very good. It has to be really though to be unable to play for so long so young. That long wait had to be really hard for him.
Remember he is not a small guy 6’6”-6”7” and long they never are going to look fast. He looked fast enough wen he took Cuffe to the basket who has quicks. He also looks faster than Kadary to the naked eye

Impossible to tell from this video I agree. He’s also a bigger guard and was never As fast as JJ.

Couple of things coming from someone who blew out my left knee some 20 yrs ago now…

He looked fine using his left driving into the defender on the one drive. That’s not something you do if you aren’t confident on it.

His running looks a combination of stride and just being cautious not to plant aggressively during these practices and scrimmages. Trusting that knee on those kind of cuts takes time and wouldn’t surprise me if he just gets soreness given the injury history too even if he is “healthy “.

If you look back at his highlights at Auburn and HS.. hes not running differently to the naked eye but if he is it’s a very small difference. He’s never been the type that explodes to the rim or that jumps off the page as an athlete.

coming off an injury let alone two is extremely difficult. Fortunately he has time before the season starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom