Suspensions? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Suspensions?

I thought you saved your condescending try hard “Actually I am special and know more than everybody else even through we all watch the same games and have posted on the same site for the last 20 years” act for the game threads, but I guess not.

Tell me all those devastating 1990’s injuries that just sunk the team, where we no longer won another game after October?

We went on like 8 game winning streaks in 95, 96 and 97, and won our last 3 in ‘98.

FOH.
Tell me your disconnected from reality without telling me. Not only were the teams far deeper back then considering northeast football was actually a thing (and they were obviously more talented as a result), but to pretend like Syracuse didn’t deal with key injuries before 7 years ago is ridiculous. I also wasn’t being condescending, I was pointing out that fans don’t remember every decent player from teams 20 years ago because it was a long time ago. I’m not surprised that you took it as a personal slight though, because your posting history presents the image of an incredibly self-centered person.

But yeah, the best teams in Syracuse history had less injury issues then syracuses poor performing ones, what a revelation.

Tell me your disconnected from reality without telling me. Not only were the teams far deeper back then considering northeast football was actually a thing (and they were obviously more talented as a result), but to pretend like Syracuse didn’t deal with key injuries before 7 years ago is ridiculous. I also wasn’t being condescending, I was pointing out that fans don’t remember every decent player from teams 20 years ago because it was a long time ago. I’m not surprised that you took it as a personal slight though, because your posting history presents the image of an incredibly self-centered person.

But yeah, the best teams in Syracuse history had less injury issues then syracuses poor performing ones, what a revelation.
So like I and everybody else said, half our good players get hurt and our season is done after Halloween every year the last 2 decades.

If you agreed, why exactly did you need to “well actually” and then “disagree” again?

So like I and everybody else said, half our good players get hurt and our season is done after Halloween every year the last 2 decades.

If you agreed, why exactly did you need to “well actually” and then “disagree” again?
Outside of the Dungey years. I can’t think of another time under Marrone or Schaefer that injury derailed the year

Meh, I’ll take a real city like Boston anytime over Florida. I can drive, the beach and sand suck anyways, all the weird stuff happens there, it’s a tourist trap, the local population is either 500 years old or insane, and the food is a wildcard.

Someone else who hates the beach!!! I’m not alone.

Still waiting on these 90s injuries beyond the few I named.

These aren’t just “decent” players getting hurt now either. It’s our potential NFL guys and QBs. Williams, Thompson, Cisco, Chandler, Shamarko, Iffy, Trill

From the top rope!

Ultimate Warrior Wrestling GIF by WWE

Still waiting on these 90s injuries beyond the few I named.

These aren’t just “decent” players getting hurt now either. It’s our potential NFL guys and QBs. Williams, Thompson, Cisco, Chandler, Shamarko, Iffy, Trill
I’m not going to go through and look for borderline all conference players to prove to you that player get injured. If you’re desperate enough to chalk that up as a win, feel free

I’m not going to go through and look for borderline all conference players to prove to you that player get injured. If you’re desperate enough to chalk that up as a win, feel free
So like I said….hardly any of our good players in the 90s got hurt - including our QBs that ran the option and got crushed all game, but now our good QBs get hurt every year and so do a lot of our NFL prospects - especially on defense - though we never really have NFL offensive prospects.

So like I said….hardly any of our good players in the 90s got hurt - including our QBs that ran the option and got crushed all game, but now our good QBs get hurt every year and so do a lot of our NFL prospects - especially on defense - though we never really have NFL offensive prospects.
snowflake generation imho

You don’t remember it because you probably only remember 1-2 good players from each team. Injuries are not new, nor are they specific to Syracuse. It’s a bias that comes with following this team and not following others.
Most posters do follow other teams. I have followed Oklahoma for 23 years and never have they had anything close to injuries like Syracuse. A few starters sure, though never anything that devastates a team's ability to compete across a big portion of the season like Cuse seems to have.

I admittedly only follow one team, my obsession is too demanding to make room for others. I followed CFB generally for 20 years before finally adopting Cuse as my team (after 2020 season) and much prefer just focusing on one team.

I admittedly only follow one team, my obsession is too demanding to make room for others. I followed CFB generally for 20 years before finally adopting Cuse as my team (after 2020 season) and much prefer just focusing on one team.
What in the world about the last 20 years made you adopt cuse?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom