Syracuse administration needs to either get on board with the coaching staff | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse administration needs to either get on board with the coaching staff

While I am sure a few kids pick their schools by the higher monthly check... the $900 a month shy gets on top of his books,school , housing, meal plan, and everything else is plenty for him to eat and spend. Yes some months he spends on stupid things and is broke but overall it's enough. I'd rather see them add stuff to the facilities and maybe change the money for a meal plan to them being fed by the team 3 meals a day so the nutrition is designed for what each player needs.
Agree 100%

Previously cited story (below) posted by Neil was very interesting and contained this little nugget:

"The increase at Alabama was also confined to the travel and miscellaneous categories of the cost-of-attendance budget, as was most of a $2,000 increase at Rutgers University, which is offering stipends between $4,100 and $4,900. Last year’s full cost-of-attendance estimates at Rutgers, according to the U.S. Department of Education, would have resulted in stipends of about $2,100."

Colleges inflate full cost of attendance numbers, increasing stipends for athletes

So the colleges are now gaming the system - no surprise I guess. When COA figures for the ACC were first announced, Louisville was number 1 but no longer.

John Wildhack has been the AD for less than a year. He is giving Dino everything he needs to be successful. These things take time. Think about where the football program stood 2 years ago and think where it stands now. Is there really huge cause for concern?

Also - who says the administration isn't on board?

Last edited:
Thanks boss.
Our administration has been doing great. We haven't changed Chancellor and ADs recently. Nah it's been smooth sailing on hill.

We haven't heard rumors about Dome renovations for THREE YEARS and nothing announced. Yeah it's all good.

Go and lecture me some more. I got no problem when people disagree with me but when people this routine like you and just act condescending to what they disagree with makes them smarter oh well.
I would rather be what I am loud than a condescending word I won't post.
Lol. I didn't lecture you "boss". I said you just beat the beat the drum against the admin constantly.

You also seem to conjoin this admin with the other for no apparent reason.

You probably think the administration deserves no criticism for their pathetic performance with the NCAA.

We got 12 scholarships taken and 4 years of probation for misdemeanors.

Louisville lost 4 scholarships and a NC we all know they won for what is illegal in 49 states including KY.

Syverud and the in house counsel for SU got punked by the NCAA.

But yeah beating that drum constantly isn't warranted.
I was pretty clear about my position on the negotiating that SU did with regard to the NCAA penalties...

You probably think the administration deserves no criticism for their pathetic performance with the NCAA.

We got 12 scholarships taken and 4 years of probation for misdemeanors.

Louisville lost 4 scholarships and a NC we all know they won for what is illegal in 49 states including KY.

Syverud and the in house counsel for SU got punked by the NCAA.

But yeah beating that drum constantly isn't warranted.

Reality is the NCAA can basically bury unstated unaired grievances against SU (or any school for that matter) in their punishments. It's not a real court of law.

Reality is the NCAA can basically bury unstated unaired grievances against SU (or any school for that matter) in their punishments. It's not a real court of law.
Don't disagree with you. However as we saw with the Penn State affair. If you claim the NCAA violated due process and file a law suit against them in Federal Court in the schools backyard it can get the NCAA to back down.

The NCAA totally screwed SU just because somebody IMO had an axe to grind with Jim Boeheim. Our school lawyers did not negotiate a good resolution for Syracuse.
The violations we were convicted of minuscule and it's laughable we even got a postseason ban. For 2 players getting no show jobs at the YMCA, Fab Melo had a paper written for him by a tutor, and we had players fail Syracuse self-imposed drug test.

To these violations I would say the school maybe should have lost 2-4 scholarships total, been put on probation for a couple of years and had the tutors fired, and relationship with the YMCA severed. Instead we got treated like habitual offenders who have a misdeamnor turned into an automatic felony.

Our lawyers we were awful. Especially when we changed tops of the administration and athletic department. Then for no reason the NCAA taxed probation on to the football team for no good reason either but just because they could.

This stuff was a complete witch hunt to go after Jim Boeheim who may be surly and lax but these violations were a joke to get the penalties we got.

We lost more basketball scholarships than Ohio State did for football players getting tattoos for free, or Baylor did for a coach covering up a players murder.

We should have sued but we took our punishment. Now look at Louisville's lost scholarships or what UNC will likely get off easier.

Don't disagree with you. However as we saw with the Penn State affair. If you claim the NCAA violated due process and file a law suit against them in Federal Court in the schools backyard it can get the NCAA to back down.

The NCAA totally screwed SU just because somebody IMO had an axe to grind with Jim Boeheim. Our school lawyers did not negotiate a good resolution for Syracuse.
The violations we were convicted of minuscule and it's laughable we even got a postseason ban. For 2 players getting no show jobs at the YMCA, Fab Melo had a paper written for him by a tutor, and we had players fail Syracuse self-imposed drug test.

To these violations I would say the school maybe should have lost 2-4 scholarships total, been put on probation for a couple of years and had the tutors fired, and relationship with the YMCA severed. Instead we got treated like habitual offenders who have a misdeamnor turned into an automatic felony.

Our lawyers we were awful. Especially when we changed tops of the administration and athletic department. Then for no reason the NCAA taxed probation on to the football team for no good reason either but just because they could.

This stuff was a complete witch hunt to go after Jim Boeheim who may be surly and lax but these violations were a joke to get the penalties we got.

We lost more basketball scholarships than Ohio State did for football players getting tattoos for free, or Baylor did for a coach covering up a players murder.

We should have sued but we took our punishment. Now look at Louisville's lost scholarships or what UNC will likely get off easier.

I agree with most of what you said, and the relationship with the Y has been severed. Even though it's really sad that it was.

A rogue "friend" of the YMCA was behind everything. Bamboozling those who trusted him.

The fact that Hank Leo's name was even associated with the whole situation is disgusting, one of the best human beings this area has to offer.

I agree with most of what you said, and the relationship with the Y has been severed. Even though it's really sad that it was.

A rogue "friend" of the YMCA was behind everything. Bamboozling those who trusted him.

The fact that Hank Leo's name was even associated with the whole situation is disgusting, one of the best human beings this area has to offer.
I really don't know the guy but the NCAA made a mountain of a molehill with the YMCA issue.

Troy Smith got 500 dollars from a booster and had a no show job while at Ohio State. He got a measly 2 game suspension and Ohio State lost no scholarships.

We had 2 kids get the equivalent amount of money from the YMCA. They are deemed ineligible after they left and all those wins are stripped from Jim Boeheim.

NCAA notifies Ohio State of alleged violations | chronicle.augusta.com

NCAA is a joke. You have to confront them when they don't have real violations you should get hammer for.

From what I recall the teams have their own dining setup, not co-mingled.

There will be movement on all this stuff, the Dome reno is part of the larger campus plan.

How many years have we been waiting now?

He thinks the sky is falling because two players have been medically DQ'ed and one player was not admitted because of academics. You know, stuff that every program deals with, but Cuse's admin is somehow incompetent and not committed to the program because it happened here.

He thinks the sky is falling because two players have been medically DQ'ed and one player was not admitted because of academics. You know, stuff that every program deals with, but Cuse's admin is somehow incompetent and not committed to the program because it happened here.

Much more than that, but we can always look back and say we did our best to keep Dino after he brought us back. Oh wait, I'm dreaming. All these great ideas are surely coming to fruition. The money is flowing into Football.

Wildhack getting Syverrud to bite is most likely the issue, if they AD does in fact see this as an issue, no?

Probably a tough sell to get a law man to go against the grain of standard protocol in this type of situation.

The ironic part is by trying to dodge medmal type situations, I think they're opening the door to a greater possibility of a lawsuit. They're fostering ill will with the way they're handling the situation.

dome renovation??????????????????????????????????????? that will run dino out

Your right everything is fine. Good god. Great post.

Your right everything is fine. Good god. Great post.
I believe the truth lies somewhere in between these posts. Is it as bad as the latter poster believes? No, I don't think this will 'run Dino out'. But yes, there are certainly concerns here.

What makes this situation somehow more dire than in years past?
Nothing has improved. I posted the message from Kyle Knapp's dad 2 years ago.

The adminstration sees nothing wrong with a doctor who isn't an expert but a general practitioner who DQs pretty much anyone he can without having an appeals process and players getting cleared by other schools because he wants to protect SU from litigation.

Dino is getting pissed behind the scenes. There are 5 players who barely got cleared and if anything happens will probably become DQed.

Tucker is a problem and the administration is doing nothing.

Syverrud has been a nothing burger chancellor and makes me yearn for the Cantor Era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom