Syracuse football players sit out first practice with coronavirus concerns | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football players sit out first practice with coronavirus concerns

So are we gonna make up those two missed practices or are we just gonna start behind the 8 ball

Strawman--no.

It's very possible that the economics of the situation was the primary cause of his decision. But that doesn't preclude the medical uncertainty of COVID as a factor. There are more than few players who are not in line for big NFL bucks who have opted out.

And, no, his mother didn't necessarily directly tell him to pass on the season. But you can bet the details of her experiences of the past four months were a subject of discussion in that household.
You have just described the very definition of a strawman. No proof, no facts, no direct knowledge. All supposition from your imagination. I quote "maybr his mom told him not to play", well maybe not too..

You can always make a good guess at the fans here that will be upset when a player makes certain choices that is best for themselves

They prefer a system whereby coaches, administrators and the NCAA can do what is best for themselves and the players should just shut up and play. And of course their fan experience is also more important than a player doing what they think is best. I can't imagine being so self entitled -- which makes me question my support for the NCAA all the time.

Of course opting out for top players is not purely about covid. We have multiple issues that have been brewing for a number of years colliding now.

Last edited:
You have just described the very definition of a strawman. No proof, no facts, no direct knowledge. All supposition from your imagination. I quote "maybr his mom told him not to play", well maybe not too..
Strawman: "an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument."

Strawman: "an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument."
Exactly what you did, but I know you do not think so.

Last edited:
Not sure their pumped about playing your team either, given reports out of there...

Something neither of us has to worry about as VT and SU are not scheduled to play each other. ;)

E364C07F-25F7-4587-9E97-9D72AFE5C2DA.png

Amen tell em nick !

Because it’s a sham college run by a bunch of hypocrites using it to enrich themselves and their friends.
Lol...all higher education is a shame. You think SU is worth what you pay. College football is about money and only money. The bigotry on this site is astonishing. I'm out. Enjoy being twitter lite.

RE: VT and Syracuse aren't scheduled to meet in the football regular season...
Until the conference championship game. :)

As much as I like your thinking, it means one of two things:
1. The rest of the league would be so devastated by the Coronavirus that VT and 'Cuse would be the last 2 teams standing, or
2. You really need to seek help for that addiction of yours - it's scary!

Many on this forum have LDS. Liberty derangement syndrome. I was at the game last fall and the people there were very welcoming.

Outside of the recently ousted President Falwell Jr., Liberty is an excellent intitution and great campus. There is a $175 fine for alcohol on campus followed by removal for repeat offenders...so far none! It's a great atmosphere with a very positive student and faculty body!

Outside of the recently ousted President Falwell Jr., Liberty is an excellent intitution and great campus. There is a $175 fine for alcohol on campus followed by removal for repeat offenders...so far none! It's a great atmosphere with a very positive student and faculty body!
I hope your son stays safe and is able to play against Syracuse close to his hometown.

Good to see you back on the board

I don’t support the racism and persecution of Christians but let’s be honest despite Liberty being terrible and an easy W it is annoying our one OOC game is the school getting the most negative attention for their actions during the pandemic.

Umass surely needs another date? They are barely over 2 hours away. Play them instead.

If Liberty players get covid they will sweep it under the rug and all that and still play remember the entire team could have it and only a few are noticeably sick. They’d just say they violated curfew or something.

Also what about the new rule allowing ACC teams to play a non conference game against each other? Use that.

Your statements are ridiculous and shrouded in fear. SU had a terrible season. LU went 8-5 with CURE Bowl Victory! First full FBS season. The LU -SU game was an team awakening, with no head coach! LU's endowment is larger than SU's and they have an excellent facility, staff and program! I think you are more afraid of SU loosing in the rematch than you are COVID issues!

Your statements are ridiculous and shrouded in fear. SU had a terrible season. LU went 8-5 with CURE Bowl Victory! First full FBS season. The LU -SU game was an team awakening, with no head coach! LU's endowment is larger than SU's and they have an excellent facility, staff and program! I think you are more afraid of SU loosing in the rematch than you are COVID issues!

You really wanna go there?

while I applaud Liberty’s 2019 season and bowl win, really congrats, I don’t think LU would come within two scores of us whether we’re the same terrible 2019 team that beat you 24-0 or not.