Syracuse football players sit out first practice with coronavirus concerns | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football players sit out first practice with coronavirus concerns

Well...you did!

Ok well let's leave all of the other "creepy" stuff out of this and keep it about football.

Your statements are ridiculous and shrouded in fear. SU had a terrible season. LU went 8-5 with CURE Bowl Victory! First full FBS season. The LU -SU game was an team awakening, with no head coach! LU's endowment is larger than SU's and they have an excellent facility, staff and program! I think you are more afraid of SU loosing in the rematch than you are COVID issues!

SU goes 11 and 2 at worst with your schedule and bowl game last year.

We will see how good Liberty actually is since they'll play all the B1G schools this year that want to play.

Outside of the recently ousted President Falwell Jr., Liberty is an excellent intitution and great campus. There is a $175 fine for alcohol on campus followed by removal for repeat offenders...so far none! It's a great atmosphere with a very positive student and faculty body!

Well, that actually sounds awful.
What’s college without alcohol?

Many of their highest level Black athletes have been leaving recently due to pervasive racism and feeling like outsiders there.

Outside of the guy who overlorded the campus for ages, being put in timeout about :30 seconds ago?

Outside of that, how did you enjoy the play, Mrs Lincoln?
:rolleyes:

View attachment 185656
Amen tell em nick !

I don’t get people who say this unless that are talking about now only. If they canceled the season why would the players have to go home? Wouldn’t they stay on campus as students? And if campus gets closed at some point, they’d have to go home either way.

I don’t get people who say this unless that are talking about now only. If they canceled the season why would the players have to go home? Wouldn’t they stay on campus as students? And if campus gets closed at some point, they’d have to go home either way.
not if they live off campus like SU football guys do

not if they live off campus like SU football guys do

Yea, its the same place as playing. They’re at school not home.

If football is stopped so Is the testing and close to quarantine routines . Football players would be out and about like the rest of the students . I don’t know the number but I’m my circles and people I talk to especially kids and teenagers they don’t really believe they will get sick from the virus , the fear of sitting 3 games or not playing a season has players following protocol

If football is stopped so Is the testing and close to quarantine routines . Football players would be out and about like the rest of the students . I don’t know the number but I’m my circles and people I talk to especially kids and teenagers they don’t really believe they will get sick from the virus , the fear of sitting 3 games or not playing a season has players following protocol
Why would this be true? Just because they are not playing a Fall season doesn't mean they would stop testing and quarantining. They are still part of the program and the new focus would be on the Spring (at least until Spring is canceled). They still don't want the guys to be exposed. I think you are underestimating the desire to please a guy like Babers...and Babers'ability to impose his will

I'm not sure why no one is talking about the potential big news laid out in this thread?

The Liberty Dad mentioned he thinks SU canceled or is in the process of canceling the game. That is pretty big news if true!

Why would this be true? Just because they are not playing a Fall season doesn't mean they would stop testing and quarantining. They are still part of the program and the new focus would be on the Spring (at least until Spring is canceled). They still don't want the guys to be exposed. I think you are underestimating the desire to please a guy like Babers...and Babers'ability to impose his will
Classes are on line with no football most players go home , big $$ for all those test
Why test football players if they aren’t playing ? There not testing students every week

so if they play this fall, when spring ball gets here all hell breaks loose with no testing and no close to quarantine routines? Fall would be spring and spring would be fall.

Classes are on line with no football most players go home , big $$ for all those test
Why test football players if they aren’t playing ? There not testing students every week
Which of course brings us to the seldom mentioned ethical question: Why should football players (or any athletes, for that matter) go to the head of the testing line?

I can't think of single moment in my 10+ years as a father when i thought my sons would be safer in the trust and care of a stranger, particularly one who directly profits from my sons bashing their brains in and maiming themselves.
The point nick made was there are under strict protocol and tested weekly they aren’t getting that at home . And with rioting , protesting , less police crime is way up in a lot of places these kids come from . Yes nick is not gonna be the dad you are Nobody will but in this case where teams have the proper protocol they are way safer . Tommy D said it in his presser yesterday and others as well

so if they play this fall, when spring ball gets here all hell breaks loose with no testing and no close to quarantine routines? Fall would be spring and spring would be fall.
No they would be tested to continue winter workouts and spring practice

No they would be tested to continue winter workouts and spring practice

exactly. So we just flip flop the fall and spring. That’s why I don’t get people saying the kids are better off here than home.

exactly. So we just flip flop the fall and spring. That’s why I don’t get people saying the kids are better off here than home.
If no fall football they are going home just like I’m march . Fall football keeps them here now

If no fall football they are going home just like I’m march . Fall football keeps them here now

if Babers says stay they’ll stay.

Which of course brings us to the seldom mentioned ethical question: Why should football players (or any athletes, for that matter) go to the head of the testing line?
Only if they are playing because they are an expense to the university and if playing a huge money maker but if they are not you are correct why them over anybody else on campus

I can't think of single moment in my 10+ years as a father when i thought my sons would be safer in the trust and care of a stranger, particularly one who directly profits from my sons bashing their brains in and maiming themselves.
Well, I mean sure, when you put it like that.

Well, I mean sure, when you put it like that.

Do you even casually peruse the news?

No B1G teams are going to play in the fall. Even if they "want to play".

Edit- you are correct. I didn’t catch the update been busy w work they bent the knee.

Last edited: