Syracuse vs. St. John's Game Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. St. John's Game Thread

We need a point guard.

We're not brining one in next year. I like Franklin Howard but he's a two guard learning to play pg and his handle is much worse than Joseph's. Joseph needs to learn how to dribble lower, among a myriad of other issues.

YIkes if Harrison keeps this up we're in serious trouble

I'd like to see more Patterson. I think he can create opportunities off his D. Joseph can't play 35 min. Id like to see more of a split.

Cooney is getting checked the first step over half court. I'm okay with anybody else taking an open three...they have to start going in right? Johnson is not a d-1 shooter. His shot is too slow, too mechanical.

Feed Rak and run some high screens with Cooney at point and McCullough setting the screen.

Slow, mechanical shot is not a big deal. He's too long to get his shot blocked. He doesn't get set. He's chucking. He's better as a Moten-type player slinking along the baseline. The 3 is the generally easiest shot to take in college bball. It doesn't take much to set one up. But that's also why you shouldn't take so many.

We're not brining one in next year. I like Franklin Howard but he's a two guard learning to play pg and his handle is much worse than Joseph's. Joseph needs to learn how to dribble lower, among a myriad of other issues.

That's a major problem. Joseph is a combo guard. His handle is questionable and his decision making is worse.

CMac has a nice stroke..hopefully the FTs will come..he was clutch vs. Iowa

I'm really concerned we might not be any better than .500 in ACC play. We are just not a very good team. Only guy I foresee improving is Kaleb. Everyone else is who they are. That's a problem.
I'm honestly not sure we can even go .500. Luckily, there are not a lot of good/great teams in the ACC. It's going to be a struggle to get 9-10 wins this year in the ACC.

McCullough's got a target on his back. Some of these fouls, they're not even pretending to go for the ball. Sure they're not happy about a city kid coming upstate.

Gotta shoot at least 50% from the stripe dude. C'mon CMcCCMcC

Ooh, the ref wanted to blow a whistle there. That's all that was.

McCullough's got a target on his back. Some of these fouls, they're not even pretending to go for the ball. Sure they're not happy about a city kid coming upstate.
Honestly, I think you might be right. It sounds crazy but not if you see what St Johns is trying to establish.

We lose this and we are staring at 6-4 and looking very doubtful for an NCAA birth... I'll get flamed for that opinion but I think it's accurate.

Gotta say, the defense looks much more vulnerable when the opponent hits the shots you give them. Michigan didn't. So far tonight St. John's is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom