Syracusefan Tourney Bracket Matchups *Admins please pin * | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan Tourney Bracket Matchups *Admins please pin *

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeremyCuse said:
Even the 3-4 were tough. Still feel that CTO, Jake, Eyes, Marsh, Tee, Cusetroop and others were fairly easy. The top 3 seeds in each region are all outstanding posters. After the top 3 theres barely any drop off all the way through, the sixteen seeds are just as good.

Wow. How did I miss this and the other thread. Guess I'll have to click on the sticky tab on my phone view more often.

Seems like a lot of work a couple folks have put in. Not to be "that guy" but let me mention a couple things. Several years ago someone tried to do something similar. Not a bracket but something like a top 25 I think (memory is fuzzy).

It did not go well and ended up bad and had to be shut down. People will say they take it light hearted but in the end, it was obvious peoples feelings were hurt, people based their rankings on who they "liked" or didn't "like" and not on content quality and some real war of words developed between some posters. Would hate to see that happen again. Especially since there are 100's of great posters.

Just a word of caution to keep in mind.

rrlbees said:
Wow. How did I miss this and the other thread. Guess I'll have to click on the sticky tab on my phone view more often.

Seems like a lot of work a couple folks have put in. Not to be "that guy" but let me mention a couple things. Several years ago someone tried to do something similar. Not a bracket but something like a top 25 I think (memory is fuzzy).

It did not go well and ended up bad and had to be shut down. People will say they take it light hearted but in the end, it was obvious peoples feelings were hurt, people based their rankings on who they "liked" or didn't "like" and not on content quality and some real war of words developed between some posters. Would hate to see that happen again. Especially since there are 100's of great posters.

See...Bees is always the downer...no way he deserved the high seed he got...

Thanks Bees. Myself and Alasacs did put in a lot of work and just seeded people so we can have an actual bracket, I tried to make it clear you seed line means absolutely nothing in regards to the person as a poster. We accidently left of Swish someone I absolutely would have had in the bracket and a good seed. If you think its best I have no issue shutting this down because I have zero interest in this becoming or developing into anything but something fun.

Thanks Bees. Myself and Alasacs did put in a lot of work and just seeded people so we can have an actual bracket, I tried to make it clear you seed line means absolutely nothing in regards to the person as a poster. We accidently left of Swish someone I absolutely would have had in the bracket and a good seed. If you think its best I have no issue shutting this down because I have zero interest in this becoming or developing into anything but something fun.

booooooooooo sauceeeeeeee

CuseTroop said:
Like I said, I'll take it. I could very well be the first 3 seed out. Or I could have been a 16 seed, and went on a little bit of a run.

Just how she worked out.

Not quite there bromance...it has already been stated that your selection and seeding was easy...

Like I said, I'll take it. I could very well be the first 3 seed out. Or I could have been a 16 seed, and went on a little bit of a run.

Just how she worked out.
Before you get too big for your britches just remember you will always be a Scotsmen. You guys were cupcake city in football.

I thought that this would be fun and not serious thing to offend anyone. As I honestly wasn't trying to insult anyone I didn't nor did Jeremy intentionally snub anyone. With Jekelish taking such offense to his placement this has to be nuked. As people's feelings will get hurt and that wasn't my intent. I apologize to anyone omitted as it wasn't easy.

I thought that this would be fun and not serious thing to offend anyone. As I honestly wasn't trying to insult anyone I didn't nor did Jeremy intentionally snub anyone. With Jekelish taking such offense to his placement this has to be nuked. As people's feelings will get hurt and that wasn't my intent. I apologize to anyone omitted as it wasn't easy.
Wait a second, you're talking about ME being the one offended here? Uh...I'm not sure what you've been reading, as my comments about my placement were of the joking variety. Hence my comments about how people need to start ruing days, and such. Don't put any of this on me, man.

You guys did great. I cannot imagine the effort it took to put this together. I think that this could be fun if we all realize what it really is. Please reconsider and let's not shut it down. I believe that if we shut this down it will redefine first world problems "getting offended on your finish in a make believe internet message board NCAA tourney bracket."

I posted this in the other thread... While I think the idea is great and a fun way to kill some time, this sums up my thoughts based on some reactions...

Wait a second, you're talking about ME being the one offended here? Uh...I'm not sure what you've been reading, as my comments about my placement were of the joking variety. Hence my comments about how people need to start ruing days, and such. Don't put any of this on me, man.
If you were joking then I apologize and don't understand your humor. I am NOT PUTTING THIS ON YOU. I am just saying multiple posts by you talking about your seed and feeling its to low.If your joking am I apologize, but this idea which was intended to be fun has blown up.

If you were joking then I apologize and don't understand your humor. I am NOT PUTTING THIS ON YOU. I am just saying multiple posts by you talking about your seed and feeling its to low.If your joking am I apologize, but this idea which was intended to be fun has blown up.
Fake outrage is a pretty standard go-to in the world of humor. Like when Brick Tamland shouts, "LOUD NOISES!"

This is my attempt to yell LOUD NOISES.

This can't go on though because I don't know if ANYONE's feeling will be hurt, and I don't want that to happen. I should have just left it to Deitsch/Awful Announcing doing it for ESPN.

Fake outrage is a pretty standard go-to in the world of humor. Like when Brick Tamland shouts, "LOUD NOISES!"

This is my attempt to yell LOUD NOISES.
I obviously didn't get it was joking around, and didn't want to offend anyone. I WASN'T PUTTING IT ON YOU though I want you to know that I was just reading all the negative posts and some of them were you ticked about your seed, but I see you were joking. I don't want you to think I was just blaming you, I just saw a lot of them by you that were jokes now in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom