Syrcause vs Pitt just our passing plays | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syrcause vs Pitt just our passing plays

Second play from scrimmage gets Nykeim suplexed when go route on the boundary is man coverage with safety flat footed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200921-233907.png
    Screenshot_20200921-233907.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20200921-233937.png
    Screenshot_20200921-233937.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
The slant is also open at the top for a first down. Benson over the middle is the throw but even Taj bottom screen might make the sticks if ball gets to him

Thanks for the screen grabs. In the first screenshot I could see how he's hesitate to throw to the slant at the bottom since there's a corner there reading his eyes. But the slant at the top looks to be a safe throw for easy yardage and a chance at a Field goal or 4th down opportunity.

Thanks for the screen grabs. In the first screenshot I could see how he's hesitate to throw to the slant at the bottom since there's a corner there reading his eyes. But the slant at the top looks to be a safe throw for easy yardage and a chance at a Field goal or 4th down opportunity.

He has it in him, he's just shell shocked. In both screen caps I grabbed the pocket is relatively clean and a half second later he's got options. Easy posting from online QB but the receivers are open if he throws to space or gives them time to work.

Plus side is if I see this, so will Tommy in film. We played two good defenses and schemed guys open. Just need to convert

The slant is also open at the top for a first down. Benson over the middle is the throw but even Taj bottom screen might make the sticks if ball gets to him

We see these guys wide open but it is the QBs job to have the ball there already. The fact that he cannot anticipate these guys being open and is waiting to see them open, is a huge problem.

IMO 4 of those sacks were on Tommy. Our OL is far from mediocre but this running for his life narrative is a false one. Also I thought Servais was overrated going into last year. Then he went out and had a really bad season. This year has been more of the same. He seems to be worse since he lost weight and became the size of a TE.
Holy , i just watched servais, he could barely get a hand on a guy. Theres a stretch starting around the 1:45 where he whiffs like 10 plays in a row.

When our offense has been successful under HCDB, and it has been at other times, we have been able to by scheme and tempo impose our will on opposing defenses, As great as Eric Dungey ran the ball, many of his runs were made possible by a spread offense that created room for him.
This season, the opposite has been true. On a number of the plays featured in this thread’s video that blew up against us, we were in spread offense. Pitt showed no respect for it, rushing six against our six blockers, which included our RB. The calculus Pitt seemed to be making is that you don’t need to worry about the back end because you are overwhelming our pocket so fast that we could have a dozen receivers out there and it would not matter. Also, we aren’t forcing defenses to do what the spread intends, which is to force another defender into coverage and create an advantage in the box to run.
Maybe go to two TE formation, with Benson able to play at the line or move wide, Hackett can play at line or H back — one or both can block or chip and flare or pop or take a shovel pass. Target our slot receiver on quick slants. Use our outside guy for screens and short, come back routes against one on one coverage. Taj is exceptional at yac. If defenses have to respect this, they can’t pin their ears back on every play.
On the other hand, a two TE formation with only two WRs really invites defenses to stack the box, reducing the size of the field for our offense. And then we could be even worse off.
So, while easy to blame QB and play calling, they don’t have great options. What this uneducated eye sees is, in two games, defenses able to impose their will on our offense, and us not being able to, for a variety of reasons, make the defenses pay for it.

Holy , i just watched servais, he could barely get a hand on a guy. Theres a stretch starting around the 1:45 where he whiffs like 10 plays in a row.

Is he hurt? I remember him missing some plays in the NC game.

Is he hurt? I remember him missing some plays in the NC game.
The announcers kept saying he left the field but it was clear as day that he was still on it. I dont know if he every had an issue or I just missed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom