Talent | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Talent

He is claiming we could have sacked the LSU QB after the onside kick.

What he doesn't remember was LSU ran it that drive.

We all like Clark the player but the poster is pandering to Clark's dad who doesn't ask for it and isn't like that. However the poster wants to troll to the fans.

So the guy who didn't have a sack in two years here would have won us the game by sacking the qb on the last drive when they ran the ball every play?

He is claiming we could have sacked the LSU QB after the onside kick.

What he doesn't remember was LSU ran it that drive.

We all like Clark the player but the poster is pandering to Clark's dad who doesn't ask for it and isn't like that. However the poster wants to troll to the fans.
I'm not pandering to Bcub's. I'm giving voice to what Baber's would say if he wasn't constrained by legalities. People need to be aware that he is losing hard fought, close games where Clark could have made some big plays that would have made the difference. He lost that player through no fault of his own and that player is now playing D1 football for another team that SU will face next tear.

So the guy who didn't have a sack in two years here would have won us the game by sacking the qb on the last drive when they ran the ball every play?
This is college football. Players mature and get a lot better as they become juniors and seniors. Look at Dungey and Ishmeal. They wouldn't have been able to run the ball at all with him in the middle.

This is college football. Players mature and get a lot better as they become juniors and seniors. Look at Dungey and Ishmeal. They wouldn't have been able to run the ball at all with him in the middle.

Stop trolling man. It's annoying. There is trolling, like legit sarcasm, and then there is just bs.

Troll Yoda.jpg

Regarding our WR’s. We’ve yet to see Sharod Johnson (5-11 170), Cam Jordan (6-3 195) or Russell Thompson (6-1 200). I do believe if any of the 3 were 'special' they'd be on the field, so we'll see. It doesn't mean someone isn't going to be good; and Sharod is behind Ishmael.

We have these 3 committed (did not include Lutz who’s a slot), we need playmakers on the outside.

Edward Hendrix – 6-4 195 (Washington DC)
P5 - Arkansas, BC, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa St., Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan St., Missouri, North Carolina, NC St., Pitt, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Taj Harris – 6-2 175 (Palmyra, NJ)
P5 - Maryland, NC St. Rutgers, Wake Forest

Anthony Queeley – 6-2 195 (Orlando, FL)
P5 Offers- Duke, Minnesota, Rutgers, Wake Forest plus UCF

Hendrix is the gem but all 3 WR's have big reputations and Queeley is widely considered one of the top 2 WR's in the Orlando area. A bit under recruited but he had 1,063 yards as a junior on a medicore (6-4) team.

Last edited:
Regarding our WR’s. We’ve yet to see Sharod Johnson (5-11 170), Cam Jordan (6-3 195) or Russell Thompson (6-1 200). I do believe if any of the 3 were 'special' they'd be on the field.

We have these 3 committed (did not include Lutz who’s a slot), we need playmakers on the outside.

P5 - Arkansas, BC, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa St., Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan St., Missouri, North Carolina, NC St., Pitt, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Wisconsin

All 3 WR's have big reputations and Queeley is widely considered one of the top 2 WR's in the Orlando area.
I'm holding out hope that one or more are special and that's actually part of why they're redshirting.

I'm holding out hope that one or more are special and that's actually part of why they're redshirting.

The later two certainly have the size and look the part. They're what I'd call trees.

Regarding our WR’s. We’ve yet to see Sharod Johnson (5-11 170), Cam Jordan (6-3 195) or Russell Thompson (6-1 200). I do believe if any of the 3 were 'special' they'd be on the field, so we'll see. It doesn't mean someone isn't going to be good; and Sharod is behind Ishmael.

Hendrix is the gem but all 3 WR's have big reputations and Queeley is widely considered one of the top 2 WR's in the Orlando area. A bit under recruited but he had 1,063 yards as a junior on a medicore (6-4) team.
Hendrix definitely won't RS and should see the field quickly next year.

What were the "few" coaching decisions? The only iffy one was the onside kick.

The two poitn conversion was certainly in the "questionable" column and the design of the first play, sending Stickland to line up in front of their best D-back, does two. But there are always questionable decisions. They become relevant if it's a close game. I agree that making plays was the big key and we've bene missing too many plays in each game.

I also think the talent level will be noticeably different in another couple of years. In the meantime, we've got to find ways of competing with superior teams.

I guess you haven't seen Nykiem Johnson run. " took third place in the 100 meters at the 2015 DCSAA Outdoor Championship with a time of 11.07 seconds."

Deven Butler was a very fast kid in high school also.

The problem, you've got to catch the ball or you speed becomes kind of irreverent.

We need to keep all of these recruits and also find some JUCOs and graduate transfers again next year. I will stop blabbing about JUCOs and graduate transfers when we are regularly recruiting 3 and more four star players. I like the fact that Babers isn't panicking and putting anyone and everyone out on the field. I know some of his decisions against LSU were questionable, but at least the man has a plan. It's work in progress.

I'll just say this - to say that one person, even if that one person was Jim Brown, Joe Montana, and Lawrence Taylor all rolled into one, would have meant the difference between winning and losing that game is, well, dubious.

We need to keep all of these recruits and also find some JUCOs and graduate transfers again next year. I will stop blabbing about JUCOs and graduate transfers when we are regularly recruiting 3 and more four star players. I like the fact that Babers isn't panicking and putting anyone and everyone out on the field. I know some of his decisions against LSU were questionable, but at least the man has a plan. It's work in progress.
We have seven commits between the running backs and wide receivers for next year. I'd be shocked if we went the JUCO route.

I'll just say this - to say that one person, even if that one person was Jim Brown, Joe Montana, and Lawrence Taylor all rolled into one, would have meant the difference between winning and losing that game is, well, dubious.

If we get a guy like that suit him up and let's find out! ;)

The two poitn conversion was certainly in the "questionable" column and the design of the first play, sending Stickland to line up in front of their best D-back, does two. But there are always questionable decisions. They become relevant if it's a close game. I agree that making plays was the big key and we've bene missing too many plays in each game.

I also think the talent level will be noticeably different in another couple of years. In the meantime, we've got to find ways of competing with superior teams.

As I said in the 2 point conversion thread, the decision wasn't questionable at all.

As I said in the 2 point conversion thread, the decision wasn't questionable at all.

If it wasn't, there would be no two point conversion thread.

If it wasn't, there would be no two point conversion thread.

People not understanding something is why there are threads like those. do the math like I did and then tell me why it was stupid kicking the XP.

After all that transpired during the game with drops and failed play execution, SU was down 2 points with 5:45 left in the game. If the D had forced a 3 and out the Orange would have got the ball back with about 4 minutes left needind a field goal to win. I think they would have got a FG or a TD.
Ok

There were some questionable decisions in big spots. That said, I thought we had to scheme for every single one of our points. We ran a reverse on 4th down and got it. We had a WR throw a TD pass that got us back in the game. Just our scheme in general allowed us to move the ball reasonably well against a defense loaded with talent that was physically superior to our offense. I thought the staff did a great job overall to have us in that game, so I can’t complain when a strategy decision or two doesn’t pan out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom