Taurean Thompson | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Would he even get major PT at SHU right away? They return Delgado, Rodriguez, Nezi and a couple of other 6'9" kids in the frontcourt. With a raw offensive game, he's probably not playing much right away wherever he goes...

Would he even get major PT at SHU right away? They return Delgado, Rodriguez, Nezi and a couple of other 6'9" kids in the frontcourt. With a raw offensive game, he's probably not playing much right away wherever he goes...
His offensive game is far from raw. Would easily be our best low post offensive option this past season and next. Can score over either shoulder down low and has range to knock down perimeter shots. Most of his issues would come defensively imo. Good rebounder and solid blocker, but his effort tends to come and go from the times that I've watched him at Brewster. Plus he's not great moving laterally, so his best position for us would be playing the middle of the zone.

His offensive game is far from raw. Would easily be our best low post offensive option this past season and next. Can score over either shoulder down low and has range to knock down perimeter shots. Most of his issues would come defensively imo. Good rebounder and solid blocker, but his effort tends to come and go from the times that I've watched him at Brewster. Plus he's not great moving laterally, so his best position for us would be playing the middle of the zone.
Beat me to it. This kid could be a better, more athletic Rick Jackson, with legit post moves over both shoulders and capable of hitting the 10-15 footer.

Beat me to it. This kid could be a better, more athletic Rick Jackson, with legit post moves over both shoulders and capable of hitting the 10-15 footer.
Plus, the staff has liked him for a while. They're pretty good at identifying good players early. And, depth isn't a bad thing. Thank goodness this past season we didn't have any injuries. If Thompson maybe doesn't see as much immediate PT as he thinks, he's not far from a huge role if something happens to one of our big men.

Thanks for setting me straight.

So it's expected he wouldn't play much as a freshman here because he might not be ready for the zone? Sounds like a typical SU freshman then.

Thanks for setting me straight.

So it's expected he wouldn't play much as a freshman here because he might not be ready for the zone? Sounds like a typical SU freshman then.
He wouldn't play much because he has a 5th year senior and a 7'2 giant with a year of practice and understanding of our system ahead of him.

I do agree that based off potential as a prospect I'd have Dembele rated above Thompson. Obviously Thompson is more ready to contribute right away. I think looking at the 17/18 season I'd prefer Thompson over Dembele if it came down to that. He can play the 4/5 in our system, if needed he could play right away and he will be an offensive contributor. I don't think it has to be an either or situation though. Heck bring them both in if you can. Dembele could then redshirt. We can still add 3 players. Add a grad guard these two and if Mal doesn't come back you add another grad guard.

Edit: Also I agree with those saying they understand Thompson playing out his recruiting. Is it frustrating for us as fans? Sure, but I don't expect the recruits or their families to care about that. They should be focused on what the best situation is for the kid. Its not an easy decision.
ding, ding.

sounds a little like Ochefu.

Just sayin: Sumthin's cookin, boys:

search-2.jpg

Last edited:
He wouldn't play much because he has a 5th year senior and a 7'2 giant with a year of practice and understanding of our system ahead of him.

I haven't followed TT as much as Green, Hami, etc., lately. So are pretty much all of Thompson's choices in terms of 'elite' programs all pretty much stacked in the frontcourt? He'll basically have to fight for playing time and/or 'pay his dues' as opposed to a weaker team where he can play right away? Thanks bud and keep on grinding!

I just read the PS story. I'm not sure there has ever been a bigger recruiting weekend for the cuse and the very next story down is that there could be 6 inches of freaking snow??? Last weekend of April? Is this a damn joke???

HoustonCuse said:
I just read the PS story. I'm not sure there has ever been a bigger recruiting weekend for the cuse and the very next story down is that there could be 6 inches of freaking snow??? Last weekend of April? Is this a damn joke???
That snow story has a time stamp of March 30th.

It is going to be sunny with highs in the 60s Saturday and Sunday.

I haven't followed TT as much as Green, Hami, etc., lately. So are pretty much all of Thompson's choices in terms of 'elite' programs all pretty much stacked in the frontcourt? He'll basically have to fight for playing time and/or 'pay his dues' as opposed to a weaker team where he can play right away? Thanks bud and keep on grinding!
Mommy doesn't want him to go too far away. So a school like Zona which offered last month could've been a good spot at a big program for him to play instantly in the frontcourt. With options limited to the northeast, all the schools on his list besides Providence will have some sort of comp for him to deal with when talking playing time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom