Taurean Thompson | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

I was watching Barry Sanders A football life the other day, and his dad grew up a huge Sooners fan, and didn't want Barry going to oklahoma st. He even rooted against him when they played.

Moms are supposed to have the best interests of their kid not the best interest of themselves. If she truly believes Seton Hall is a better fit for Tauren as a person and bball player fine but if its for her interests of having him close by and not having to be "inconvienced" by him going to Syracuse shame on her. Hes an adult now, its his say ultimately.
Would you say that if he lived closer to Syracuse than Seton Hall? She might not have the money or flexibility for travel. It might be a single parent household. She might need his help. Like it or not she is legitimately part of the equation. He is a piece of the puzzle, not the key to the puzzle.

Based on a post by kcsu, he is SU bound if Whitehead returns. Does that infer that there is a problem attending if Whitehead is on the team? Kcsu, am I interpreting your post correctly? Could you elaborate?

bored-dog-is-lying-down-12687480045.jpg

Seton Hall has been to the tournament once in ten years, no thank you. It seems to me that if he really wanted to go to Syracuse he would have committed after the last visit, I am not holding my breathe.

Based on a post by kcsu, he is SU bound if Whitehead returns. Does that infer that there is a problem attending if Whitehead is on the team? Kcsu, am I interpreting your post correctly? Could you elaborate?
I'm just guessing on this I don't have any inside information. It seems that his mother is pushing Hall. On paper they are out of room now. Whitehead returning increases that problem and I doubt that they could make room for him so we might get him by default. Simply a theory as on the surface there is no other reason that I can come up with that makes sense for his decision being delayed.

If he/they are thinking he is a one and done, then SH may be the place to go as from my understanding the odds are he will get more playing time at SH than at SU...just wondering if that is one of the ideas that are playing into their decision...
If he's so sure he's NBA material and can score, rebound and defend against the world's best players, then whoever's in front of him at SU shouldn't matter.

If he/they are thinking he is a one and done, then SH may be the place to go as from my understanding the odds are he will get more playing time at SH than at SU...just wondering if that is one of the ideas that are playing into their decision...

Unrealistic expectations are never a good thing for players or parents. So I hope they are not thinking that way.

Seton Hall has been to the tournament once in ten years, no thank you. It seems to me that if he really wanted to go to Syracuse he would have committed after the last visit, I am not holding my breathe.
Agreed ... he's not adding up the "pros and cons" very well if he chooses that program. Yes he'll get more minutes (pro) and the car ride for mommy may be shorter (pro) ... but it'll all be pointless if: 1) he isn't developed properly; 2) he misses out on the benefit of learning the game from a HOF coach; 3) lack of talent/cohesion among other players masks his talent; 4) his team isn't good enough to get on TV much; and 5) his team gets little or no post-season exposure.

Last edited:
Agreed ... he's not adding up the "pros and cons" very well if he chooses that program. Yes he'll get more minutes (pro) and the car ride for mommy may be shorter (pro) ... but it'll all be pointless if: 1) he isn't developed properly; 2) he misses out on the benefit of learning the game from a HOF coach; 3) lack of talent/cohesion among other players masks his talent; 4) his team isn't good enough to get on TV much; and 5) his team gets little or no post-season exposure.
Isn't SHU pretty loaded at the 4/5? Delgado, etc.

at this point it's almost hard to care about what TT does anymore. we need him more for 2017 so the staff will have more time to find a body for 2017. maybe it will be someone who actually wants to be here

5) his team gets little or no post-season exposure.

NBA scouts for the most part aren't lazy. They definitely do their homework. But exposure on the big stage where you can put a team on your back and carry them far helps tremendously in draft positioning. Especially if you wear Orange.

it very well might just be proximity for mom, and that's it
What if it was 1976, instead of 2016 and John Wooden wanted TT to come to Westwood. How would Mrs. T feel then. I would be shocked if he chose Seton Hall. I think there is more to the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom