Taurean Thompson | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Isn't SHU pretty loaded at the 4/5? Delgado, etc.

at this point it's almost hard to care about what TT does anymore. we need him more for 2017 so the staff will have more time to find a body for 2017. maybe it will be someone who actually wants to be here
Yah Delgado and Anthony will both be juniors. I doubt TT's going to come in and displace Delgado. Who knows what TT's thinking ... pffft.

NBA scouts for the most part aren't lazy. They definitely do their homework. But exposure on the big stage where you can put a team on your back and carry them far helps tremendously in draft positioning. Especially if you wear Orange.
NBA scouts are everywhere. But they pay attention to the tournament. Lots of people (for good reason) think that MR could be drafted just b/c of his performance against UVA.

I'm just guessing on this I don't have any inside information. It seems that his mother is pushing Hall. On paper they are out of room now. Whitehead returning increases that problem and I doubt that they could make room for him so we might get him by default. Simply a theory as on the surface there is no other reason that I can come up with that makes sense for his decision being delayed.

He could have signed with SHU before they just signed another recruit 2 weeks ago -- but like you I'm really just guessing. I think something else is in play. Not sure if it's an eligibility issue or they are still holding out hope something else will open up. Fact is to me if "team TT" really wanted Cuse and everything else was ok he'd have signed already. Whatever this is not a make or break recruit -- if he comes here great -- if not, good luck to him. We will be fine either way.

What if it was 1976, instead of 2016 and John Wooden wanted TT to come to Westwood. How would Mrs. T feel then. I would be shocked if he chose Seton Hall. I think there is more to the story.
Whatever the story, TT and/or his mom aren't ready to commit anywhere yet. I love the kids that are thrilled to play in Orange and hope that's the way he feels if he ends up at SU. No matter where he chooses, he'll be the most ready to contribute if he chooses soon and gets prepared. I'm thinking that should be an important factor for Taurean and his mom pretty soon...

It's going to be fun to watch all the people that are bad mouthing TT flip a 180 when he commits to SU.
I don't think anyone is really badmouthing him. Most people realize it's his mom doing this -- but I think people are just tired of it -- I mean Moyer and Battle are already on campus, this time would be invaluable to have TT there with those 2. I don't know if it's a power struggle with TT vs. mom or what. But at the end of the day, Syracuse University will not be moving to New Jersey to satisfy Ms. Thompson. Most of us would welcome TT with open arms, but this has dragged on so long at this point hat people are just getting kind of frustrated

Whatever the story, TT and/or his mom aren't ready to commit anywhere yet. I love the kids that are thrilled to play in Orange and hope that's the way he feels if he ends up at SU. No matter where he chooses, he'll be the most ready to contribute if he chooses soon and gets prepared. I'm thinking that should be an important factor for Taurean and his mom pretty soon...
Agreed. Especially if he wants playing time next year no matter where he goes. Freshman are already reporting and upper classmen are certainly showing up soon for summer school and workouts. Kids needs to be there to play. Better make a decision soon. Even at SHU he will want to be part of the summer preparation.

Last edited:
Agreed. Especially if he wants to playing time next year no matter where he goes. Freshman are already reporting and upper classmen are certainly showing up soon for summer school and workouts. Kids needs to be there to play. Better make a decision soon. Even at SHU he will want to be part of the summer preparation.
Like I said this kis isn't coming to Syracuse It appears that mom has spoken and it will be certain soon enough for Jimmy to head across the oceans looking for help. There is the outside chance that a grad player wants to transfer but that is a dead dream I think.

yeppers.
As jdubs30 said, I haven't read a lot of bad mouthing of TT. His recruitment has been handled in a ridiculous fashion by the TT "camp." That's not even debatable. No one has ripped TT, just how ludicrous this recruitment has gone. And the circus atmosphere is around a player who is not a transcendent talent, so that adds to the frustration.

What is that conclusion based on?
Taurean's mother influence has been written here and elsewhere. He hasn't shown any leaning towards the Orange so at this point I think the chance of becoming Orange "Slim and none.We all know Slim left town. None is standing firm .

Taurean's mother influence has been written here and elsewhere. He hasn't shown any leaning towards the Orange so at this point I think the chance of becoming Orange "Slim and none.We all know Slim left town. None is standing firm .

He hasn't shown any leaning anywhere else either.

As jdubs30 said, I haven't read a lot of bad mouthing of TT. His recruitment has been handled in a ridiculous fashion by the TT "camp." That's not even debatable. No one has ripped TT, just how ludicrous this recruitment has gone. And the circus atmosphere is around a player who is not a transcendent talent, so that adds to the frustration.

I'll stick to my agreement with SYR2RDU.

I'll stick to my agreement with SYR2RDU.
Questioning his mothers "best interests" for her kid.

Questioning a KIDS man hood and calling him a "mamas boy" because he is listening to his mother.

Saying he's going to be a "headache" if he comes to SU because he is taking his time during he biggest decision of his life..

Even calling it a "circus" when you really have no information besides what you are reading in here..

They are right.. The last 15 pages are glowing remarks

Questioning a KIDS man hood and calling him a "mamas boy" because he is listening to his mother.

Saying he's going to be a "headache" if he comes to SU because he is taking his time during he biggest decision of his life..

Even calling it a "circus" when you really have no information besides what you are reading in here..

Some of these are good points by you, so let me address them:

First off, it's very easy to pick and choose comments made in a lengthy thread to buttress your argument, but I maintain that the general tone has not been hostile towards TT.

If his mom thinks playing for SHU is in his best interests, I question a lot, including TT's mom's sanity but certainly her judgment.

The mama's boy comment(s): That's out of line.

He could very well be a headache at SU if things don't go his way. That's a fair deduction based on how ridiculous this has gone. Plus, we've heard that mama wants playing time for her son, so what happens if he's not playing enough?

This has been a circus. If you don't see that, you need to get a grip.

His mother's best interest like many other moms and dadsoften think of their progeny in terms of wanting them close Sometimes thats not in their kid's best interest and thats a fact. Íome kids realize parental emancipation later than others

First off, it's very easy to pick and choose comments made in a lengthy thread to buttress your argument, but I maintain that the general tone has not been hostile towards TT.

If his mom thinks playing for SHU is in his best interests, I question a lot, including TT's mom's sanity but certainly her judgment.

He could very well be a headache at SU if things don't go his way. That's a fair deduction based on how ridiculous this has gone. Plus, we've heard that mama wants playing time for her son, so what happens if he's not playing enough?

I see it and its not funny when this monster keeps coming at you. He keeps coming because of the dumb and dumber support the monster by being moved by his rhetoric. How can anyone not be worried about this person becoming president . This may be the most important presidential election in the 21st century. For certain up to now it is. What comes later can't be known. I'sure there will be other elections that are featuring morons and imbeciles but it might be hard to top this one happening now.

His mother's best interest like many other moms and dadsoften think of their progeny in terms of wanting them close Sometimes thats not in their kid's best interest and thats a fact. Íome kids realize parental emancipation later than others

I see it and its not funny when this monster keeps coming at you. He keeps coming because of the dumb and dumber support the monster by being moved by his rhetoric. How can anyone not be worried about this person becoming president . This may be the most important presidential election in the 21st century. For certain up to now it is. What comes later can't be known. I'sure there will be other elections that are featuring morons and imbeciles but it might be hard to top this one happening now.

What the...?

Only "fans" have made it a "circus".
The kid has said he will decide when he is ready. He hasn't committed to one school then changed his mind. He hasn't continually added schools to his list.
He just isn't ready to decide, for whatever reason. Big deal. It doesn't impact any of the adults on this message board.
People need to relax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom