Taurean Thompson | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

There's the New Jersey I love!
There are some very good areas in NJ to live and bring up kids. One of the better areas is the Bridgwater Raritan areas off of rte 78. The high school programs are rated very high. Both my sons ,Terry and Gregg grauated there and are doing very well in their adult life after college. Their best friends still live there and doing well in their respective careers. One is in computers and the other works for NBC sports.

Two things:
(1) If she's that opposed to him coming to SU, then good riddance...go somewhere else.
And,
(2) If he can't stand up and say unequivocally that the Cuse is where he wants to be, then what kind of "mama's boy", immature, unassertive personality are we dealing with here?
Yes, I'm generalizing and posting out of frustration, but at some point TT has to stand up for himself.
S*** or get off the pot, young man.
Sheesh.
Agreed. As I said yesterday, I think he could wind up being a headache if he commits. Aside from potentially missing out on coursework this summer, what kind of influence will his mother have while he's here? Will she pressure him to go pro a year too early? Will she push him to transfer after Boeheim retires? Will she push him to transfer if she's not satisfied with his playing time?

Thompson is slow playing everybody though. Maybe all the schools are waiting on his grades. just a guess and with all due respect to Francis this smells a little bit like grades. whether it's corp GPA or test scores. there's no reason to skip two signing periods.

and frankly i'm glad his parents are involved. kids make dumb decisions and should have their parents guidance. doens't mean mom and dad will make the right decision but it's their kid.

people who think they know better than his own mom and dad should stop. you would be heavily involved in your own kids decision especially if you didn't like the way he was thinking.

We got Mookie Watkins because of his Dad, otherwise Mookie was headed to Rutgirls.

and frankly i'm glad his parents are involved. kids make dumb decisions and should have their parents guidance. doens't mean mom and dad will make the right decision but it's their kid.

people who think they know better than his own mom and dad should stop. you would be heavily involved in your own kids decision especially if you didn't like the way he was thinking.

We got Mookie Watkins because of his Dad, otherwise Mookie was headed to Rutgirls.
And Tyus Battle. I hear what you're saying and agree for the most part. My issues are with the timeline and the fact that she's anti-Cuse. She should absolutely be involved with the decision. Now that we know where she stands, I'm concerned with how it will play out if he winds up committing to SU. And if he doesn't commit, will we lose out on Mystery Man because it took TT so long to decide?

There are some very good areas in NJ to live and bring up kids. One of the better areas is the Bridgwater Raritan areas off of rte 78. The high school programs are rated very high. Both my sons ,Terry and Gregg grauated there and are doing very well in their adult life after college. Their best friends still live there and doing well in their respective careers. One is in computers and the other works for NBC sports.

3 Gs out of 5 letters, madness!

South Orange isn't Millburn Short Hills in NJ. Newark is till in competition with East Orange and Irvington to be The worse urban areas in the state. Oh, and we can't forget Çamden. There are others to be sureSome kids find comfort in these surroundings They understand them and know how to survive easily. It seems obvious moments him there and that is where he will play,fine there are others that might enjoy the city and what it has to offer and a school that is at the very least a high visibility program. It reaches out here to California.A lot of conversations with young people here about the Orange about Jimmy and the Dome.Recruiting basketball players here isn't about telling kids that we exist. Its about selling the why they should go east to play in their career. Hopkins should be the lead recruiter having come from this state. He and Red should pair up for the road work.

No love for Paterson?!

Dude, I live in Bridgewater.

Okay, I've had enough of this crap. I pledge to drink at least 1 beer a day until TT commits to us.

Good news - I get to drink
Bad news - none

Since I already have a head start tonight, I'm going to start over just to make it interesting.

JB only uses 7 players except when he uses 6. With 8 scholarship players we are already over supplied.

hope Taurean figures it out wish him luck!!!

Think he could be a good fit learning a year under nba players like lydon, and roberson and 7'3 Paschal would be so HUGE and competitive for his abilities. Even worse case scenerio No humility if hes ready as a freshmen or not.

I wonder if that could push Moyer to some 2g. Which could work well especially with Lydon on the perimeter. I know hes a 3-4 in all our eyes, but I know he has said I mold my game around James Harden, so anything is possible especially at this level, especially for 4-5 minutes as a 5 star. The thought of that press :p

asleep-at-desk.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom