Taurean Thompson | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

DNsXXq9.jpg

We're all waiting on the board for the TT decision like...

So, Brewster is farther from his home than Syracuse is. Something to ponder.
I think the whole distance thing is a convenient excuse. They are looking for something else that Syracuse doesn't provide, whatever that is. It isn't truly distance, or Michigan State wouldn't have been an option and he wouldn't have gone to Brewster.

I think the whole distance thing is a convenient excuse. They are looking for something else that Syracuse doesn't provide, whatever that is. It isn't truly distance, or Michigan State wouldn't have been an option and he wouldn't have gone to Brewster.

Completely agree. I was just taking a poke at that theory as well. If going to prep school wasn't too far, why would going to Syracuse be too far, unless something changed in the family dynamic. In the end, my gut tells me it's something else and he will go to a different school. I wish him luck wherever that may be.

I think people are looking at this whole thing wrong. He hasn't committed anywhere so going anywhere is an issue at this point. Regardless of where TT himself or his Mother want him to play there has been no decision made.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how many incoming 2016 recruits are yet to commit anywhere?

I don't know that I agree with your post. One of THEM is almost certainly looking for something different. The other, I wouldn't make that claim about.

well looks like Mich St just added a PF transfer out of UNLV - cross the Spartans off the list as an option for TT
Ex-UNLV F Carter joins Spartans as grad transfer

I saw that but didn't make the connection to how it affects Thompson. Good call - that probably would make them a less likely destination but who knows with this situation anymore!

Maybe he has a grades issue we do not know about. And maybe summer school is needed.

Someone had an interesting theory on Twitter: maybe he's not going to college at all and is going to wind up at prep school.

I think it's pretty obvious why he hasn't committed anywhere. He wants to announce for SU and he knows his mom is against it. He's not interested in going any place else, so he won't announce to anyone else. He's trying to wait his mom out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom