Taurean Thompson | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

no nightmare--just a player. the real nitemare is jb leaving---based on last year, hopkins is not the answer. ---jb will never admit that--we are heading for bad times. i have never believed in players coaches---i believe in the ceo model---i am not your friend, i am your boss---i was at the st.johns game at the garden ---hopkins was like a deer in the head lites!!! yes, i have been a hopkins supporter---not now. he really needs experience for a hc job, or realize that he is a career asst. and continue as a excellent recruiter.

You do realize that Hop had only 3 days notice before he was handed the keys.

The next time Hop takes over, he'll know at least 4-5 months in advance, not 72 hours.

no nightmare--just a player. the real nitemare is jb leaving---based on last year, hopkins is not the answer. ---jb will never admit that--we are heading for bad times. i have never believed in players coaches---i believe in the ceo model---i am not your friend, i am your boss---i was at the st.johns game at the garden ---hopkins was like a deer in the head lites!!! yes, i have been a hopkins supporter---not now. he really needs experience for a hc job, or realize that he is a career asst. and continue as a excellent recruiter.

Hop was asked to coach JB's team. He couldn't tinker with it much because he had to give it back in 9 games. Remember, the team went to the Final Four. I hope all of our coaching failures result in such a disaster.

Ben Carter didn't transfer to sit. Nick Ward is Mr BB in Michigan. He's a big. He's gonna play. TT gets minutes where?

NIck Ward is from Ohio, not Michigan, good prospect but still a a freshman.
Carter is recovering from an ACL operation.
Schilling has a history of injuries and has not been very good, fouls out early etc.
Plus 2 of these 3 will be gone in a year.
This is a weak area for MSU this yr

I'd say there is plenty room for Thompson

NIck Ward is from Ohio, not Michigan, good prospect but still a a freshman.
Carter is recovering from an ACL operation.
Schilling has a history of injuries and has not been very good, fouls out early etc.
Plus 2 of these 3 will be gone in a year.
This is a weak area for MSU this yr

I'd say there is plenty room for Thompson
Not really any different than SU ... we have a frosh 6'8 recruit coming in. There's a substantial possibility that our starting 3 could jump at the end of the season; and our starting PF does not have an established offensive game and is a senior. When he graduates, that will leave PF wide open. So not exactly a log jam. The last 6'10 PF we had is playing for the Nets.

LOL! And here we thought this thread had everything. A veritable world tour of fear, loathing, doubt and despair with the sickening pallor of panic. Then, a shard of light penetrated the darkness: A completely random and totally unrelated to anything rant about "Hopkins isn't HC material!!"

Can somebody please get me a man v. zone post?? STAT!!

Not really any different than SU ... we have a frosh 6'8 recruit coming in. Not only is there a substantial possibility that our starting 3 could jump at the end of the season, our starting PF does not have an established offensive game and is a senior. When he graduates, that will leave PF wide open. So not exactly a log jam.

We agree. My only point was in responding to the poster who feels MSU is stacked. IF Davis had not gone into the draft we wouldnt be having this conversation.

It's obvious MSU "would" be a compromise choice "if" it happens.

We agree. My only point was in responding to the poster who feels MSU is stacked. IF Davis had not gone into the draft we wouldnt be having this conversation.

It's obvious MSU "would" be a compromise choice "if" it happens.
But mommy would have to let go.

It's too early to make this judgment. I've been coaching CYO and rec-league for 4 years. I never knew how crazy great JB is as a coach until I started coaching myself. And for me, every year I got so much better as a coach. There's a lot to it especially during game play. That said, however, with all the years of experience coach Hop has it will not take long for coach Hop to become a very good coach. Maybe the first year or two he may struggle. I bet by the third year he will be pretty darn good at it. I think Orange basketball is just too strong of cultural force not to continue with excellence. I have much more faith in the future of Orange basketball than you do.

Another great day in the TT watch thread! It's good to be alive and to be here.

great.jpg

I don't even want to admit how many times I frequent this page daily.

Yeah. Sadly, me too. I visit this page almost as much as I think about fishing. My theory is the kid saying he wants to get to MSU is just a ruse to get under his mother's skin because it's so far away. That way, she will finally agree for him to go to Syracuse as a compromise. Let's hope and pray she sees the Orange light!

Is saga still going on? We should pull the offer and give to a kid who wants to be here. Would rather have BJ back it’s not like this kid is program changing talent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom