Taurean Thompson | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

...which is why the class of 2017 is likely to be a 6-7 player class.
Fingers crossed... But that size class would necessitate a bunch more names being out there right? Seems like we would need to sign every single kid we are likely in on at this point to reach that number...

Fingers crossed... But that size class would necessitate a bunch more names being out there right? Seems like we would need to sign every single kid we are likely in on at this point to reach that number...

Not that worried about it.

I'm way more worried about where we stand with Green / Tucker [and I think we're in great shape with both]. Land them, and I'm feeling terrific about the 17-18 squad.

Not that worried about it.

I'm way more worried about where we stand with Green / Tucker [and I think we're in great shape with both]. Land them, and I'm feeling terrific about the 17-18 squad.
I just feel we are being forced into becoming a one and done culture, but without the firepower to actually compete in that manner. It would help if recruits finally start to figure out that SU is a great path to be a one and done; tons of playing time/exposure...

I just feel we are being forced into becoming a one and done culture, but without the firepower to actually compete in that manner. It would help if recruits finally start to figure out that SU is a great path to be a one and done; tons of playing time/exposure...

I think that latter point will be a significant factor in our favor for class of 2017 recruiting: the opportunity for significant, immediate playing time.

Players like Green, Tucker, etc. will have the opportunity to walk into starting roles [provided they stay healthy]. Ditto Diallo / Thompson, if we can land one of them.

Also, we can project what we think will happen with Battle and Lydon, but who knows? Maybe they stick around and things aren't as dire as some expect in 2017. Now, I believe that both will probably have the numbers to make the jump, but maybe they won't. Maybe the collegiate experience / academics will be important to these two. :noidea:

So I'd expect a class with the foundation of Green [hopefully--he's a HUGE recruit for us], Tucker, and one of the 2G's. We're also in solid shape for bigs [especially if we land Richards or Sidibe, or both]. That in and of itself would be a solid class.

From there, I'd expect a program guy or two [i.e, Frank Howard types, players who are going to stay for all four years], maybe a JUCO if the right one is out there [Diagne?], probably also a grad transfer or two.

Now, if we miss on Green, I'll be very disappointed, but it isn't the end of the world with Howard still having two more years of eligibility. But land him, and I believe the floodgates open.

Also I had a company in Lansing for a few years. It was the most depressing place I have ever lived. The campus area even sucks. It is really bad. No idea why he would ever want to go there

Also I had a company in Lansing for a few years. It was the most depressing place I have ever lived. The campus area even sucks. It is really bad. No idea why he would ever want to go there

Lansing is the state capital, not much there. However, the MSU campus is beautiful and one of the prettiest college campus in the country. We've been going back every year for the past 30 years and it's still pretty amazing. I spent 5 years in grad school there and enjoyed the entire time there.

Here is a link to some pictures:
michigan state university campus pretty

The long national nightmare is almost over.
no nightmare--just a player. the real nitemare is jb leaving---based on last year, hopkins is not the answer. ---jb will never admit that--we are heading for bad times. i have never believed in players coaches---i believe in the ceo model---i am not your friend, i am your boss---i was at the st.johns game at the garden ---hopkins was like a deer in the head lites!!! yes, i have been a hopkins supporter---not now. he really needs experience for a hc job, or realize that he is a career asst. and continue as a excellent recruiter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom