Taurean Thompson | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

We should not be in this position that’s the point. Did you forget we coming off of final four run?

That was 2 months ago, what did you expect would happen in that time?

Also, do kids really give a crap if a program went on a run to the FF? How exactly does Syracuse making a surprising run to the FF really impact the thought process of recruits? It's already an established big-time program, a FF shouldn't really change anyone's opinion of that.

Also, do kids really give a crap if a program went on a run to the FF? How exactly does Syracuse making a surprising run to the FF really impact the thought process of recruits? It's already an established big-time program, a FF shouldn't really change anyone's opinion of that.
Of course it does. They are young their window of perspective is small. The intense exposure and visibility of a ff run changes everything for kids. Yes, they give a crap.

Khalea Turner-
Robinson Idehen
Emmauel Ugboh
Jimbo Lull
Onyx Boyd
Craig Barnes
We got Mauled in the post all year

Not a very impressive offer list amongst that entire group.

Throwing s--t against the wall to see what sticks isn't the right approach to recruiting. Targeting your prospects and seeing it through is the correct way to do it--especially when you are competing with the big boys.

I'm really glad that the coaches aren't as knee jerk reactionary as some posters.

I disagree with your opinion. Making the FF has a huge impact on the Orange basketball brand. This is how advertising works.

Not a very impressive offer list amongst that entire group.

Throwing s--t against the wall to see what sticks isn't the right approach to recruiting. Targeting your prospects and seeing it through is the correct way to do it--especially when you are competing with the big boys.

I'm really glad that the coaches aren't as knee jerk reactionary as some posters.

The way I understand the recruiting process, our coach staff works very hard to make a certain number of offers based on the number of scholarships available and our team's current needs. They have no control over who and the order the recruits accept the offers. And the way I understand it, it's pretty much the first one that accepts is not denied the offer.

I feel like many posters would treat things differently if they were head coach and not just posting on an internet forum for fun.

Khalea Turner-
Robinson Idehen
Emmauel Ugboh
Jimbo Lull
Onyx Boyd
Craig Barnes
We got Mauled in the post all year
So a bunch of Chinoso Obokohs. As if fans wouldn't whine if we landed one of those guys.

We already have our big men for this season anyway. TT won't get much playing time and neither would anyone on your list.

So a bunch of Chinoso Obokohs. As if fans wouldn't whine if we landed one of those guys.

We already have our big men for this season anyway. TT won't get much playing time and neither would anyone on your list.

TT needs to win his playing time by showing he's the superior player. If he can't beat out our guys why is having PT at Seton Hall going to help him in the NBA draft?

I agree with this, the high school seniors have been picked pretty clean at this point in time and would rather save the scholly and spend the time working on some quality bigs for that class then take on another major project. With our scholarship limits we just cant afford it right now. Only other option would be transfers or JUCO, but im not if there is much out there either. Probably be a question for Dean.

I still don't understand the hyperventilating over a recruit who isn't a program changer or an immediate impact guy.

I think its more because of our lack of depth, lets Say Mali came back, or we landed another player, I don't think we would be nearly as invested.

I think its more because of our lack of depth, lets Say Mali came back, or we landed another player, I don't think we would be nearly as invested.

With or without Thompson, if Battle or Gillon go down we are screwed. Not even in the same universe skill set wise.

The current roster of starters is not a bad one except for depth the backcourt. The front court is potentially dominating except for offense there. Our rebounding in the front court "should"be very goodChukwu at the center flanked by Lydon and Roberson with Moyer off the bench as would Coleman.At this time the big name coming is Battle.unless Jimmy gets lucky. I'm not counting on this happening as the time is late for THIS season.

Did you forget that most of the bigs were gone by then? Did you forget that - along with TT - we pursued Yurtseven, Dembele, Cavanaugh and the kid from Canada? Did you forget that we have limited time and resources because of the sanctions?

Did you forget how many times we've posted all of the above information in this godforesaken thread?
We pursued Cavanaugh? Why did he say no?

LOL It's the other way around. Syracuse didn't call Cavanaugh out of the blue. His people called Syracuse. And just maybe he didn't like sharing about how he would have to share time with Robby and Coleman and PC. instead of being the focal point of the offense as he is at GW.

Or maybe he just likes Foggy Bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom