Taurean Thompson | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

We could use a bat, especially a 3b. Someone who can get up to the majors soon, like conforto.

I think thats the route they will go, but they have 2 1st round picks...so lots of pool money. So if a prep kid like Rutherford that is demanding high $'s is still there...they could spend the money on him. He wont get up near as soon as a guy like Craig...but a much higher ceiling.

OT: I'm going to take a break from TT watch and go carp fishing in one hour. I will be back around 9 pm to help continue our vigil.

carpe_diem.png

FWIW:

Michigan State Recruiting: 5 reasons Taurean Thompson will commit

Sounds like mainly rationalization on their part to me.

Yeah, I love how they were like "Syracuse doesn't have great NBA players except Carmelo, on the other hand, we've recently had great big man development from the likes of Draymond Green, Derrick Nix, Matt Costello, and Adrian Payne. " Wut who? I mean, that's not exactly multiple NBA success stories there. Draymond is a star, obviously, but the others...

FWIW:

Michigan State Recruiting: 5 reasons Taurean Thompson will commit

Sounds like mainly rationalization on their part to me.

That author probably writes for buzzfeed.

I am to understand correctly, TT isn't goo enough to be OAD. But he will get lots of playing time. But MSU is a title contender this year.

Also, I don't think you can rip Syracuse for producing one sure-fire NBA star and then one sentence later laud Derrick Nix (the pride of Latvia's BK Ventspils) in the next sentence as some success story.

oh dear lord this thread is a complete trainwreck
I've said it before, I'll say it again: This thread has always been cursed because it only says, "Offered," instead of, "Offered by Syracuse."

Good grief, that really makes you appreciate what we have as far as recruiting coverage, bloggers, etc. That is so far past bush league it is crazy. I was totally ambivalent about this recruitment before reading that, but now I'm all-in for him to pick Seton Hall!!

I didn't think it was all that bad.

Yeah, I love how they were like "Syracuse doesn't have great NBA players except Carmelo, on the other hand, we've recently had great big man development from the likes of Draymond Green, Derrick Nix, Matt Costello, and Adrian Payne. " Wut who? I mean, that's not exactly multiple NBA success stories there. Draymond is a star, obviously, but the others...
Do you really develop a guy into a 2nd round pick?
One more year in that development program and he never gets drafted.

I didn't think it was all that bad.

My critiques include a huge over-reliance on a dubious recruiting personality (Meyer), an uniformed belief that mom and grandma being present indicated some special interest in MSU, contradictory statements like (paraphrasing) "he will get tons of PT because we don't have any bigs" followed by "we're 5 deep on championship caliber bigs to win it all without him," homerish diminishment of the competition (Cuse has nobody except Carmelo who has been any good in the NBA, when we have a very recent NBA ROY and a player who just made an impact in a conference finals).

It came off as a fan airing what they think is an unbiased analysis but was full of naivete and poor logic, plus it had exactly zero new or insightful information that hasn't been known for months. Comparing that to what Dean brings to the table and what sites like Nunes produce - it wasn't in the same stratosphere.

Yeah besides Draymond and Magic I can't think of any successful Spartans on the hardwood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom