Class of 2015 - TE Bowman Archibald a bizarre story | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE Bowman Archibald a bizarre story

CuseLegacy

After all this he is now transferring from Wake...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...nt-miami-hurricanes-wake-forest-demon-deacons

Bowman Archibald knew what he was getting into when he signed a financial aid agreement with Miami in early August.

Archibald, a four-star tight end who is ranked No. 189 in the ESPN 300, knew that despite signing with the Hurricanes, he was not obligated to end up in Coral Gables. And now he won't end up there.

This past weekend Archibald switched his commitment from the Canes to Wake Forest after he was wowed on an official visit to Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

"The Miami coaches originally encouraged me to sign with them, but I knew I could still take my visits and look at other places," Archibald said. "Miami was aware I wanted to look around when I signed it. I told them that I at least wanted to take my visits."

Archibald is now believed to be the first prospect to have publicly backed out of his FAA with a university since the NCAA implemented changes in January to discourage schools from signing players and then not having them enroll at that school.

On Aug. 1, Miami announced that Archibald had signed a grant-in-aid agreement.

"Growing up in a rural area, the big city was a shock to me," Archibald said. "I took multiple trips to the university after I committed, but I finally took some time and took a lengthy trip and truly visited the city. It just wasn't really a place for me. I had a change of heart, but I had to do what's best for me. Wake is up in the mountains and kind of out in the country. It was my kind of place."

Archibald said the Miami coaches were disappointed in his decision, especially since he signed an FAA, but they also understood his situation.

"They took it hard," Archibald said. "Being coaches, they didn't want me to go anywhere else. They didn't try to throw that I had signed with them in my face or anything. I think the Miami alumni and boosters were harder on me than the coaches. The coaches kind of understood. They wanted me to be happy in my choice."

Did he go to prep school for a year? Why did he sign last August then.

Something tells me I am not liking this trend.....college sports agents,will they be next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom