TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple

Yes the videos. Seemed like he had longer routes 1:1 and jump balls. Also didn’t he nickname himself little megatron or something? Just my gut feeling. He’s also light for a TE if anywhere near his listed 210# from near his signing.

I guess but that's how he was used and that's how Syracuse recruited him. If he was told certain things and it wasn't coming to fruition then I don't blame him.

That sucks. Really thought he could help us long term. Interesting he waited until after camp started to enter the portal. Enrolled in January. You figure he would have been able to make the assessment after spring ball.
Know he wants to see if he can pick up with another school ASAP but will not be able to play until 2022. Missed the deadline for immediate eligibility.
The other negative is that this will probably hurt our recruiting for TE in the future. Really thought they were going in a different direction when they got him to commit. Guess not. Unfortunate because we really do not use our TE effectively in the passing game.
Interesting to see how TE will be used this year.
It will not hurt recruiting if the existing TEs help us win games this season.

This is an example of the transfer portal being detrimental to athletes who have little patience. He doesn’t know enough yet to make a sound decision. It’s too easy. Zero accountability.
I know. The portal is now the bane of my existence

I'd like to see us incorporate the TE position more but this offense has never needed to target the TE 8+ times a game to be successful.

Bummer of a loss but this is the new transfer rule in effect again

He was very complimentary of the coaches. Maybe he wants to be more WR and with Samuel coming in etc the staff decided he needs to be more TE.

Wish him nothing but good luck at his next stop.

He was very complimentary of the coaches. Maybe he wants to be more WR and with Samuel coming in etc the staff decided he needs to be more TE.

Wish him nothing but good luck at his next stop.
I was kind of thinking this also. Plus the WR room is very full already.

You got proof that it was a lack of throwing to him over a lack of PT with the 1s?!

I’m all ears.
He was probably Loling at the bitterness of your post.
Why does he need proof when you are not offering any yourself?

If this kid can make plays why wouldn’t we use him as a weapon.
I like Dino but this chit is getting annoying.
Our offense has been absolutely nothing he advertised.

This sucks.
Any kid who leaves this early is on the kid or the situation.

Other kids have hit the portal before this in the preseason.

Kids getting 9th-place trophies and the NCAA are the worst things going right now.

But I don’t blame Babers or any of the coaches. Hope the kid enjoys Rutgers or wherever he goes, but onward.

LOL he’s been in camp for 5 minutes. I wonder if he’d be more aligned if he was already named a starter? What a joke. Some kids don’t want to work and think they’re better than maybe they are. I don’t care if Gronkowski catches 100 balls a year, the guy can also block. It’s what TEs do and it would be the first thing he’d have to do in his first ever camp.

If this kid can make plays why wouldn’t we use him as a weapon.
I like Dino but this chit is getting annoying.
Our offense has been absolutely nothing he advertised.

This sucks.
Kid quit on the team two weeks in. Not sure how that’s exactly on the coaching staff. Wish him luck but he gave up very quickly that I have a hard time blaming the coaches here.

My biggest thought about the new transfer portal confirmed:

Athletes transferring at the first sign of adversity/displeasure. The ability to succeed through initial doubt, dissatisfaction, and failure is critical to development.

Will be an interesting ride.

LOL he’s been in camp for 5 minutes. I wonder of he’d be more aligned if he was already named a starter? What a joke. Some kids don’t want to work and think they’re better than maybe they are. I don’t care if Gronkowski catches 100 balls a year, the guy can also block. It’s what TEs do and it would be the first thing he’d have to do in his first ever camp.
Precisely.

Any kid who leaves this early is on the kid or the situation.

Other kids have hit the portal before this in the preseason.

Kids getting 9th-place trophies and the NCAA are the worst things going right now.

But I don’t blame Babers or any of the coaches. Hope the kid enjoys Rutgers or wherever he goes, but onward.
Spot on.

I was very excited to see what Morris could do, but the fact is he quit 2 weeks in the camp. That says a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom