Class of 2025 - DE Quante Gillians (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/16/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DE Quante Gillians (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/16/24)

I bought into the bull that we didn’t get many NY recruits because there weren’t many P5 guys to get…. Total BS! Fran has me understanding that is so false. I used to roll my eyes at all the posters beating the drum of grabbing NY guys…. I was wrong! This has to ripple effect, it also creates more fandom with in the state and could increase in state locals focus on cuse football again!

I bought into the bull that we didn’t get many NY recruits because there weren’t many P5 guys to get…. Total BS! Fran has me understanding that is so false. I used to roll my eyes at all the posters beating the drum of grabbing NY guys…. I was wrong! This has to ripple effect, it also creates more fandom with in the state and could increase in state locals focus on cuse football again!
I am not expert but this seems like an unusually good class for New York state.

It’s about average or maybe slightly above average

We just had previous coaches that for whatever reason weren’t interested in their own backyard

Very nice to have a guy back in the fold who understands NE football

So far 27 players from NYS in the class of 2025 have P4 offers.

Over 35 have BCS level offers.

Those numbers are extremely high for a finished class, forget about one that has around 10 more months to the April NLOI day. Not sure if there even is an April NLOI day any longer, but the point remains.

This class is extremely deep. Might end up with 35 players going to P4 level schools and 45 going to BCS schools. I am guessing numbers like this will constitute a record for depth. The numbers are already close to record setting.

However, the class lacks in star power. NYS often has a HS AA type player or two. True national recruits. Joseph and Byrne are pretty close to that but not quite there.

The biggest reason is the Syracuse staff. They set the stage for recruits in NYS. If SU is not interested, a lot of other schools will take that as evidence the player is not a good prospect and will not pursue them.

I think all the offers Syracuse has made to NYS kids in the class of 2025 (23 by my count), are sending a strong signal to all college football coaching staffs that NYS HS football is alive and well and worth looking closely at.

So far 27 players from NYS in the class of 2025 have P4 offers.

Over 35 have BCS level offers.

Those numbers are extremely high for a finished class, forget about one that has around 10 more months to the April NLOI day. Not sure if there even is an April NLOI day any longer, but the point remains.

This class is extremely deep. Might end up with 35 players going to P4 level schools and 45 going to BCS schools. I am guessing numbers like this will constitute a record for depth. The numbers are already close to record setting.

However, the class lacks in star power. NYS often has a HS AA type player or two. True national recruits. Joseph and Byrne are pretty close to that but not quite there.

The biggest reason is the Syracuse staff. They set the stage for recruits in NYS. If SU is not interested, a lot of other schools will take that as evidence the player is not a good prospect and will not pursue them.

I think all the offers Syracuse has made to NYS kids in the class of 2025 (23 by my count), are sending a strong signal to all college football coaching staffs that NYS HS football is alive and well and worth looking closely at.
There are more hs football players in NYS than almost every other state. Lots of under the radar talent.

Seems we're going to end up with 10+ NYS recruits in the 2025 class which is remarkable considering the post-Marrone era and prioritization of the state.

I think from 2020 - 2023 we had 10 NYS high school commits total (4 classes).

Last edited:
A new podcast focusing on SU football and SU football recruiting was just started.

The guys plan on putting one out every week or two. The first one is out. I gave it a listen. Was impressed. Lots of good info. A lot of it is already out but it is nice to have it presented like this. One of the guys doing it is apparently the same CFBTalkDaily guy who clearly has contacts in the program and tweets on SU football recruiting fairly regularly. See above.

In the first episode of The Orange Grove, CFBTalkDaily and Alec Nederveld highlight the numerous recruits visiting Syracuse on Official Visits this weekend, giving their opinions on Fran Brown's chances of landing commitments. The two also look ahead to this fall and go game-by-game to predict Syracuse's season!

A new podcast focusing on SU football and SU football recruiting was just started.

The guys plan on putting one out every week or two. The first one is out. I gave it a listen. Was impressed. Lots of good info. A lot of it is already out but it is nice to have it presented like this. One of the guys doing it is apparently the same CFBTalkDaily guy who clearly has contacts in the program and tweets on SU football recruiting fairly regularly. See above.

In the first episode of The Orange Grove, CFBTalkDaily and Alec Nederveld highlight the numerous recruits visiting Syracuse on Official Visits this weekend, giving their opinions on Fran Brown's chances of landing commitments. The two also look ahead to this fall and go game-by-game to predict Syracuse's season!

I needed to add another podcast to my rotation. Hopefully this one does the trick!

I don't know how many find this as funny as I do but most colleges have recruits in Thrones, Capes, Crowns, Huge Gold necklaces, Swords, and we have an old unplugged refrigerator, painted orange with our recruits with empty cartons of fake Otto Juice and warm Orange soda pop.
But we also have "cars".;)

Syracuse football has been active in New York state in the 2025 recruiting cycle and has added another in Rochester (NY) Aquinas athlete Quante Gillians. Gillians plays multiple positions at the high school level but is being recruited as a defensive end by Syracuse. The 6-3.5, 278 pounder picked the Orange over offers from Boston College, Michigan State, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, SMU and West Virginia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom