terrible close | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

terrible close

we only added more in terms of quantity.

Which means literally nothing. Its not like Marrone's class was complete - he was going to add more too if he didnt leave.

I mean N-O-T-H-I-N-G. We lost 2 or 3 of our best recruits and didnt add a single player that is better than them.

and i didn't say it was a terrible close. you asked for a list of players. I added that its a net loss - but 1 that should have been expected.

who went to clemson? we lost them to Miami, Rutgers, TCU, Indiana, and possibly Tenn. Those aren't exactly can't say no programs. a couple of those guys shut down their recruitment. there was an outstanding chance all of them would have stayed firm.

We lost an RB to his dream school (miami). We lost a LB (who's coming off a knee injury) to Rutgers who told him he could play RB which is what he wanted. We lost a lb to UT, a safety to Mizzou, a texas qb to TCU, and an RB to Indiana who we aren't even sure the new staff was after.

In their place we landed a QB over NC State, a semper fi AA WR with a huge offer list, another WR that Mizzou went after but couldnt flip, and an OT with a nice offer list along with some other interesting prospects.

I have gains/losses as essentially a wash although we may have improved slightly. We simply changed the shape of the class with different positions.

Kimble = Allen
Cooper > Edwards
Estime >/= Smith
Moore >/= Carter
Winfield </= Brown

We ended up with the same talent level but different needs from next years class have been filled and needs from this years class will now take their place next year. Will be interesting to see what type of RB our OC can pull with a year to work but I'd imagine they'll be at least as highly regarded as Gus is/was.

Kimble = Allen

That's all i needed to see to not bother reading.

You must have been MIA from the board for the year Allen was committed here.

Sorry if that comes off as crude, but it is very very true. I have no idea what you thought of Allen personally. But this board acted as if he was the 2nd coming. Just because he goes somewhere else doesnt give anyone on here the right to all of a sudden say "he was only a 2 or a 3 star" when 99% of this board acted like he was a 5 star just getting screwed by TOS's beacuse he was an avid Syracuse supporter and wasn't looking elsewhere.

Sorry if that comes off as crude, but it is very very true. I have no idea what you thought of Allen personally. But this board acted as if he was the 2nd coming. Just because he goes somewhere else doesnt give anyone on here the right to all of a sudden say "he was only a 2 or a 3 star" when 99% of this board acted like he was a 5 star just getting screwed by TOS's beacuse he was an avid Syracuse supporter and wasn't looking elsewhere.
I'm not going to argue who is better, Kimble or Allen, because frankly I just don't know. But as a fan of SU I will say Kimble is better. If Allen was coming here and Kimble was headed elsewhere, I'd say Allen was better. I realize that's not anything else but blind homerism, but how do you really know which 2/3 star qb is actually "better" at this point? As a fan, you're always going to pump up your guy.

Grass is always greener. I was excited at the prospect of having a Texas 5A qb coming to Syracuse but 99% of this board played follow the leader and got themselves into a frenzy over a Texas qb that Texas, aTm, Baylor, and Texas Tech all viewed as not worthy of offering so he ends up at TCU. Allen seems like a good prospect that our fans fell in love with because of his twitter comments. He left and we end up with a kid who has similar measurables that NC State wanted badly so IMHO NC State = TCU so essentially Kimble = Allen.

Shame you stopped reading, was looking to get some good convo going after we all got over the initially knee jerk reactions. We essentially traded RB's for WR's at skill positions and traded bigs at LB and DL to OL and TE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom