Terrible, horrible movies to avoid | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Terrible, horrible movies to avoid

come on Cobra wasnt that bad

But if you do enough for money you make some bad ones for sure. still there were a bunch to like

Rocky 1 - 2 - 3

Expendables 1

Rambo 1-2-3 and Rambo

Creed 1-2

Escape plan 1

Daylight

Cliff hanger

Tango and Cash

Victory

Antz

I'm sticking with my own theme, movies people will recommend, and you'll watch them because they'll have good IMDB ratings, but are actually terrible

Atonement

Closer

Hereditary

Inglorious Bastards is hands down Tarantino's best work, and the opening milk scene and the bar scene are legitimately two of the most suspenseful scenes I've ever seen all time. Surprised to see the comments on this thread of all places, which should be reserved for movies like "Leonard Part 6."

So, we've got a thread on funny movies, and shows to watch, but I really feel the service we most need is movies to absolutely stay away from when we are sitting there scrolling through the list on Netflix.

I'll get us started. What Keeps you Alive will make you want to kill yourself. As my wife said, it's one of the only movies she ever watched where she wanted the protagonist to get killed so the movie could just end already.

Sounds like this movie!

1614966073585.png

Now I'm remembering some.

Waiting... was probably the worst movie I ever saw. Miserable.

Not "horrible" by any stretch, but I think The Usual Suspects and Fight Club are both ridiculously overrated, mediocre movies. People in high school loved Empire Records, but I think it sucked.

And I found Napoleon Dynamite really unpleasant the only time I saw it. Same for A Clockwork Orange.

I did not see the movie, but I do like Roger Ebert's take on The Hot Chick: “Through superhuman effort of the will, I did not walk out of The Hot Chick, but reader, I confess I could not sit through the credits. The MPAA rates this PG-13. It is too vulgar for anyone under 13, and too dumb for anyone over 13.”

Now I'm remembering some.

Waiting... was probably the worst movie I ever saw. Miserable.

Not "horrible" by any stretch, but I think The Usual Suspects and Fight Club are both ridiculously overrated, mediocre movies. People in high school loved Empire Records, but I think it sucked.

And I found Napoleon Dynamite really unpleasant the only time I saw it. Same for A Clockwork Orange.

I did not see the movie, but I do like Roger Ebert's take on The Hot Chick: “Through superhuman effort of the will, I did not walk out of The Hot Chick, but reader, I confess I could not sit through the credits. The MPAA rates this PG-13. It is too vulgar for anyone under 13, and too dumb for anyone over 13.”

All movies I love (although The Hot Chick I love because of how awful it is).

But if you do enough for money you make some bad ones for sure. still there were a bunch to like

Rocky 1 - 2 - 3

Expendables 1

Rambo 1-2-3 and Rambo

Creed 1-2

Escape plan 1

Daylight

Cliff hanger

Tango and Cash

Victory

Antz
Are you going to lie to our faces and pretend you didn’t like Rocky IV? It ended the Cold War

I remember Shallow Hal being atrocious. Generally I guess the awful movies are just forgettable for me.
Come on!!! Shallow Hal’s fantastic

Rocky 1 - 2 - 3

Expendables 1

Rambo 1-2-3 and Rambo

Creed 1-2

Escape plan 1

Daylight

Cliff hanger

Tango and Cash

Victory

Antz

This is the most Sly love I’ve seen on this or any other place.

I liked Cobra when I was 13. Then I watched it as an adult and understood why the critics were so harsh.

I can’t believe I forgot about Rocky V. Oscar was way better than that.

First 3 Rocky’s and first 3 Rambos are legit.

I need to watch the Creeds. I own that task. I’ve heard good things.

I remember Costanza with a tail. That's about it. Also I really don't care for Jack Black. I only barely tolerate him when he punts dogs off San Diego bridges.
Agree on Jack Black, although I’ll add Tropic Thunder and Saving Silverman to your Anchorman note.

Agree on Jack Black, although I’ll add Tropic Thunder and Saving Silverman to your Anchorman note.
Oh yeah, forgot about Tropic Thunder. Those were strong performances all around. Though I suppose some of that stuff would be cringe-worthy through our current Seuss prism.

Being There
The Accidental Tourist
Legends of the Fall
Lost in Translation

Seriously.

Love Bill Murray but about 20 years ago he starred in a terrible movie called Osmosis Jones. I saw it in a theater and fell asleep halfway through. I woke up a few minutes later and realized everyone else was sleeping too as there were loud snores coming from all over the theater.
St Vincent is pretty good.