Texas at Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Texas at Kentucky

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
The combined height on the court at times is stupid.

There are a lot of athletes out there, and the offense seems to be really slow to start on both ends.

Texas would've slaughtered us in NYC. Their bigs look better than the bigs from UNC for instance. Really impressed with their size and athleticism. Playing without their PG Taylor too. Anybody know how many McD guys Texas has? At least two no?

Another horrendous call against the visitor at Rupp. Bad call wasn't flagrant.

Kentucky has 14 pts with 4 minutes left in the half? Football game?

OburgOrange said:
Kentucky has 14 pts with 4 minutes left in the half? Football game?

They just scored 6 in 15 seconds. Towns is a beast.

I hate this announcing crew. Please give me Raf, Sean, and Jay crew. They were fantastic! I miss those days. Sigh...

I swear Bilas, Schulman, everyone have been given strict orders from the mothership to do nothing but sing bigblue praises while on the air. That was a horrendously ugly first half and all you hear is how many amazing platoons there are and how proud of his platoons the squid is.

Kentucky is not good offensively in the half court. If teams can rebound and Texas is rebounding Kentucky can lose.

This team is raw and dominant defensively due to their height but wow they suck in the half court.

Duke can definitely beat Kentucky in March because they have height and can shoot. If Texas could shoot they could win this game. However , the zebras will give Kentucky some calls here in the. 2nd half and Texas won't be able to within the BS fouls and continue rebounding as they did in the 1st half.

Jay Bilas obviously sold his soul to ESPN management for his promotion as he and Shulman can't stop praising Calipari.

I swear Bilas, Schulman, everyone have been given strict orders from the mothership to do nothing but sing bigblue praises while on the air. That was a horrendously ugly first half and all you hear is how many amazing platoons there are and how proud of his platoons the squid is.

I don't know. Plenty of praises towards Holmes and the Texas bigs. Two teams not used to playing against this kind of size. Nothing easy. I think it has been enjoyable. Bilas surely disagreed with the flagrant.

Kentucky is not good offensively in the half court. If teams can rebound and Texas is rebounding Kentucky can lose.

This team is raw and dominant defensively due to their height but wow they suck in the half court.

Duke can definitely beat Kentucky in March because they have height and can shoot. If Texas could shoot they could win this game. However , the zebras will give Kentucky some calls here in the. 2nd half and Texas won't be able to within the BS fouls and continue rebounding as they did in the 1st half.

Jay Bilas obviously sold his soul to ESPN management for his promotion as he and Shulman can't stop praising Calipari.

True but how would SU be in the halfcourt vs Texas? Like 10-15 points at the H bad possibly. Agreed that Duke can beat them.

I think it has been enjoyable.
really? wow
it's really atrocious offensive basketball.
a bunch of huge athletes who are barely basketball players

Kentucky is really good without the referees help. I honestly am getting to the point watching games at Rupp Arena is a joke.

These refs are scared by the crowd and call all these damn fouls. Watching UK at home is just a joke because they have talent but they just get the little breaks that kill the opponent.

really? wow
it's really atrocious offensive basketball.
a bunch of huge athletes who are barely basketball players

Disagree big time. The matchup is making this a struggle. I am seeing good basketball plays and strategy everywhere just missed shots. Better flow in the 2H. Just be thankful SU isn't playing one of these teams.

Even without the refs Kentucky has an insane amount of talent that that has already forced 20 turnovers against Texas.

I think Duke vs them would be a battle, but I think Kentucky has it, after Duke there is nobody that can hold a candle to them.

That said, I'm not predicting them to go undefeated or anything like that, but if there is any team that could, it would be them.

Kentucky is really good without the referees help. I honestly am getting to the point watching games at Rupp Arena is a joke.

These refs are scared by the crowd and call all these damn fouls. Watching UK at home is just a joke because they have talent but they just get the little breaks that kill the opponent.

Many are warranted but because it is at Rupp like you say; if SU were there Rak, CMac, and Chino would be gone mid 2H!

Kentucky is obviously the best talented team in the country. I am just saying it seems like UK is playing 8 vs 5 and I don't say this stuff.

Kentucky gets every break. To beat them you gotta be probably 10-15 points better and then maybe you can eek out a win.

Many are warranted but because it is at Rupp like you say; if SU were there Rak, CMac, and Chino would be gone mid 2H!
We would have no chance. They would shoot a ton of bricks but kill us on the glass.
Honestly I don't like calling out refs but these games at Rupp seem to be officiated horribly.

Meanwhile in Connecticut. Yale has just taken the state championship. 45-44.

Both those teams would blow us out of the gym right now. Both can be scary good by March, too.

Both those teams would blow us out of the gym right now. Both can be scary good by March, too.

Agreed. Texas was missing their excellent PG. I don't see another team (maybe Arizona) who could hold those guys down to such a low score the way Texas did.

Neither of these teams are good at zone offense.

Unfortunately, we're not good at any offense.

Agreed. Texas was missing their excellent PG. I don't see another team (maybe Arizona) who could hold those guys down to such a low score the way Texas did.

I wouldn't give up on Wisconsin. While the youngsters on Duke and UK don't play like freshman, it helps to have 4 seniors in your lineup to avoid being rattled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom