Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

They have been in the playoffs two of the last four years and played in the ACC Championship game and Rose Bowl last season.

Correct and they shouldn't have been in any of them over more deserving teams. They proved that by getting smoked in all 3.

Really wish they wouldn't have let them play a conference schedule last year. Had some power then and caved like letting a cheater back hoping that things will work out in the future even though everyone else knows you're just getting taken advantage of.
ND would have either cobbled together a schedule or sat out last year.

It would have not compromised independence forever for a one year safe harbor.

The ACC really didn't have as much leverage over ND as some people think.

If the ACC had issued some ultimatum, ND would have said no.

It would have impacted ND last year, but is irrelevant right now.

ND and the ACC would be each exactly where they are right now in any case.

I'm a Syracuse alum and have had SU football season tickets for over twenty years supporting the Orange through all of the lean years. I've been to several SU away games and several SU bowl games. I'm anything but a "basketball only". I grew up an SU fan because of where I lived and then because I went there and I am also an ND fan because of my Irish Catholic grandfather.
I apologize, I clearly misinterpreted the lion's share of your posts being on SU basketball/ND football incorrectly.

Just curious, do you also root for ND basketball?

My mother emigrated from Ireland and is also Catholic.

Guess I was just lucky. ;)

Even if FSU was poached (where are they going?), I think the ACC would just add UCF and wait it out until the $ gap became too big. So if FSU announces in 2030 that they are leaving end of GOR, you wouldn't see any other movement until the $ gap was too big.

We don't have to worry about any of this for ten years. A lot can change by then. The only way change happens before then is if the conference dissolves. if that happens, it means we have a home.
Fans and the media are overreacting, as usual. I just worry that this Keeping Up with the Joneses dynamic is going to spread to the schools’ boards of regents and Presidents’ offices and cooler heads won’t prevail. Big f’n deal that the SEC is the king of the CFB conferences. That’s been the case for 20 years or more! They still can’t be the only game in town. The money gap will widen but ACC schools are still raking in unprecedented dough—and that $$ will continue to grow. The biggest schools don’t even know what to do with the money they have. They’re building facilities that are duplicates of what they already have. If they want to continue to win and keep their fans happy. Clemson and Fla State (and UNC and UVA) would do well to stay put and be the biggest fishes in a smaller pond. And btw, that pond is still pretty big! It’s worked for them so far, with Clemson right there with Bama in dominating the CFB playoff era. Florida State would risk irrelevance if they joined the SEC.

I’ve been told - again and again - that ND exemplifies Catholic values, and is the “National Catholic University”. I’m waiting for their “Do unto others” epiphany.

Not holding my breath.

They are just like any other school. Perhaps worse - given how judgmental they are. A bigger version of Liberty.

At least with Bama - you know exactly what you are getting.

ND reminds me of Judge Smails. The world needs ditch diggers Danny!
Are you saying ND has a niece as hot as Lacey Underall?

I apologize, I clearly misinterpreted the lion's share of your posts being on SU basketball/ND football incorrectly.

Just curious, do you also root for ND basketball?

My mother emigrated from Ireland and is also Catholic.

Guess I was just lucky. ;)
I do not root for ND basketball.

Well, Clemson refused to play Florida State that weekend which gave them a bye so the ACC felt that it would be unfair for Clemson to create a bye for themselves and then make ND play Wake Forest in a make up game.
Clemson didn’t cause the FSU postponement.
FSU cancelled the day of the game because they didn’t want the whooping they were going to get.

Notre Dame caused the cancellation of their Wake game.

Not the same thing.

Notre Dame is a parasite. I get you are fan.
Let them join the Big Ten if they don’t want to join the ACC.

He murdered New Mexico's Football program. And that's documented :)

Rocky Long - 65-69, 5 bowl appearances over 11 years

Followed up by:

Mike Locksley - 2-26 over 3 years

That's more like involuntary manslaughter.
Or, program-slaughter.

Reactions: gbo
Are you saying ND has a niece as hot as Lacey Underall?
Lacey.gif

Correct and they shouldn't have been in any of them over more deserving teams. They proved that by getting smoked in all 3.
They lost 31 to 14 to Alabama in last year's Rose Bowl. The same Alabama that beat Ohio State the next week 52-24 in the National Championship. In the last four years they are 10-3, 12-1, 11-2 and 10-2.

FSU cancelled the day of the game because they didn’t want the whooping they were going to get.

Not the same thing.

You've got your weekends messed up. FSU backed out of the Clemson game earlier in the season on the day of the game. It was re-scheduled for December 12. Clemson then refused to play FSU on December 12 thereby giving them a bye heading into the December 19 ACC Champ game.

ND and Wake were cancelled earlier in the year because of an outbreak at ND. It was also rescheduled for December 12.

Since Clemson had a bye on December 12 by refusing to play FSU, the ACC gave ND a bye as well and sent Wake to play Louisville that weekend.

You've got your weekends messed up. FSU backed out of the Clemson game earlier in the season on the day of the game. It was re-scheduled for December 12. Clemson then refused to play FSU on December 12 thereby giving them a bye heading into the December 19 ACC Champ game.

ND and Wake were cancelled earlier in the year because of an outbreak at ND. It was also rescheduled for December 12.

Since Clemson had a bye on December 12 by refusing to play FSU, the ACC gave ND a bye as well and sent Wake to play Louisville that weekend.
Yep, I was going to say it, but it wasn't worth it to me to correct it. He is overcome with hate.

Nothing you say changes what I said.
Clemson didn’t cause the cancellation of the FSU game.
They traveled to Tallahassee and were ready to play their game.
Florida State cancelled the day of the game after Clemson arrived.
It was weak sauce.

Notre Dame’s own Covid issues caused the cancellation of their Wake game.

Clemson shouldn’t have had to reschedule Florida State did them dirty.
Notre Dame caused their own cancellation.

Not that facts matter.

You do not understand facts. You understand emotion.

This is is just the last three pages.

I honestly don’t want to date ND.
I am sick of the fact they just want to protect the status quo when that has an expiration date.

Let them go to the Big Ten. Their threat of leverage is their least desired outcome so let them enjoy it.

I really don’t want them in the ACC and they don’t either unless it’s completely necessary.
Last season told me that. If they had an ounce of sincerity with independence they would have sat out last season but they didn’t.

It’s part of the reason why the ACC is basically the old Big East 2.0.

I not saying Notre Dame is stupid. They use their leverage.
I am at the point where I don’t care if Syracuse gets left behind I am done with this special bullchit for Notre Dame.
It’s just delaying the inevitable. If they don’t want to join the ACC it’s fine by me. Just join a conference and be done with it.

People are afraid to rip the band-aid off.
Just deal with it.

The SEC commissioner and ND’s AD were part of the committee discussing the playoff expansion.
They freaking knew what they were doing proposing this 12 team playoff.
They protected their own interest while discussing with ESPN the current rights holder of the CFB.
The SEC was in discussions with Texas and Oklahoma during this and ND knew going to 12 would protect their independence.

It’s a freaking joke if anyone actually uses their brains and figures out what happened.
They cut out the Big XII.
Say the top 5 conference champions will be automatic berths and then the other 7 will basically be atleast 3-4 SEC teams a season.

This expansion by the SEC should shut down any need for CFB expansion if the Big Ten has any leadership.
They can unite the Pac-12 to their position along with the 8 teams left from the Big XII.
The ACC has to use their friggin brains and see what ND, SEC and ESPN are trying to do.

Rip the band-aid off Notre Dame.

100% agreement here. You nailed it and I agree with you.
I would add TCU and Oklahoma State

TCU and OSU would bring good sports and Dallas recruiting.
They would help the football schools.

Notre Dame band aid needs to be ripped off.

The ACC literally got nothing out of it.
They didn’t get an additional game per year commitment or anything.
Their are articles out there as well that showed Notre Dame was one of the leading advocates that last year had to be played so they could give an extra Effff you to Big Ten plan of sitting out the year.

The ACC canceled a game with Wake for ND to give them a week off before the ACCT game. Even though the game was canceled because of an ND Covid outbreak.

It’s amazing how dumb the leaders get with ND and just let them have everything. At some point enough is enough.

You are the type of fan that allows ND to have its cake and eat it as well.

Congrats.

Not the same thing.

Nothing you say changes what I said.
Clemson didn’t cause the cancellation of the FSU game.
They traveled to Tallahassee and were ready to play their game.
Florida State cancelled the day of the game after Clemson arrived.
It was weak sauce.

Notre Dame’s own Covid issues caused the cancellation of their Wake game.

Clemson shouldn’t have had to reschedule Florida State did them dirty.
Notre Dame caused their own cancellation.

Not that facts matter.

How about some hope, action and change man.

If you don’t like it.
Go away then.
This is freaking Syracusefan not an Irish message board.
My god you are the friggin visitor not me.
You don't like being questioned on your faulty facts and when you are you run to the ban him mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom