Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

The ACC will stay together. The contract sucks, but no one can afford to get out. The Big 10 has incompetent leadership so that is a plus.
If Fox decides that it wants to make the only move that can keep full pace with the SEC move, it will orchestrate (and thereby pass over actual BT leadership) offers to at least 6 ACC members (ND being 1, along with UNC, UVA, Dook, Clemson, and FSU , meaning Fox has told the BT to forget any AAU 'requirement'. The money promised will equal or surpass what SEC members will get.

I have no doubt that such an offer would be loved by all FSU and almost all Clemson boosters.

They lost 31 to 14 to Alabama in last year's Rose Bowl. The same Alabama that beat Ohio State the next week 52-24 in the National Championship. In the last four years they are 10-3, 12-1, 11-2 and 10-2.

Yup. Can't help but wonder what aTm would've done with another shot at Bama last year or undefeated Cincy or CCU.

You also forgot to expound upon 2018 when conference champs OSU or undefeated UCF would've been more interesting that the 30-3 beating ND took or the 34-10 they took in the ACC game last year.

Haven't read all 65+ pages but I feel like we talked about this 15+ years ago with Notre Dame and the old Big East... If I could play commissioner for a day.

- Tell Notre Dame to take a hike.
- Bring in OK State, TCU, Houston, UCF, Cincy and Baylor
- Get creative with distribution (if possible)

**I understand FSU and Miami might not want UCF but they invest in football like a big time college program (facility wise and coaching staff wise) and it's the largest university in the country.

Pod 1
Syracuse
Pitt
BC
Louisville
Cincy

Pod 2
UNC
Duke
UVA
Va Tech
Wake

Pod 3
Miami
NC State
Ga Tech
Clemson
FSU

Pod 4
OK State
UCF
TCU
Baylor
Houston

Reactions: FAL
If Fox decides that it wants to make the only move that can keep full pace with the SEC move, it will orchestrate (and thereby pass over actual BT leadership) offers to at least 6 ACC members (ND being 1, along with UNC, UVA, Dook, Clemson, and FSU , meaning Fox has told the BT to forget any AAU 'requirement'. The money promised will equal or surpass what SEC members will get.

I have no doubt that such an offer would be loved by all FSU and almost all Clemson boosters.
Warren is too much of a reactionary for that kind of move. He is no Jim Delaney (who I did not like, but respected).

BT is FOX. ACC like SEC is ESPN. That means the ACC cannot work with the BT. And it means that if Fox agrees to give the BT an endless supply of money if the BT agrees to to try to get into the South, to hurt the SEC, via the ACC. If the BT and Fox offer perhaps 6 ACC members money that will equal what the new SEC teams will get, how will Clemson and FSU say No while ESPN says no raise unless ND becomes a full member for football?
here is what i am missing, why can the ACC work with the B1G?

why does tv have to be involved (i get it $$) but 2 conferences is just stupid.

if im the NFL, id step in and say enough, the talent needs to be spread out.

32 or whatever schools truly feeding the NFL is not enough.

right now texas and okie know they wont have to pay a dime in exit $$, because there will be no bevo.

some form of the ACC will survive and any school leaving will have to pay.

especially if espn has $$ in the ACC.

They’d take Syracuse, Pitt and BC too. Too many people in the NE. Wake is left out. NC State, Miami, VaTech to the SEC.

Yup. Can't help but wonder what aTm would've done with another shot at Bama last year or undefeated Cincy or CCU.

You also forgot to expound upon 2018 when conference champs OSU or undefeated UCF would've been more interesting that the 30-3 beating ND took or the 34-10 they took in the ACC game last year.
So even if I concede that an undefeated UCF or a one loss OSU team (that loss being by 29 to Purdue) should have gotten into the playoff over an undefeated Notre Dame, we are splitting hairs over whether ND should have made the two playoffs it has made in the last four years all while winning 10 games each year.

But the entire discussion started because you said this:

Yeah but the longer you look at Notre Dame the more they look like that person that everyone pined after in high school... But now at the 20 year reunion. Still nice if you look through a 2 decades old lens but can see the rough years wearing, 2 kids out of wedlock but never married, lives in section 8 housing, still wears their high school varsity jacket out in public... and has that murder charge dismissed because rich parents but everyone knows they did it.

So even if I concede that an undefeated UCF or a one loss OSU team (that loss being by 29 to Purdue) should have gotten into the playoff over an undefeated Notre Dame, we are splitting hairs over whether ND should have made the two playoffs it has made in the last four years all while winning 10 games each year.

But the entire discussion started because you said this:

Yeah but the longer you look at Notre Dame the more they look like that person that everyone pined after in high school... But now at the 20 year reunion. Still nice if you look through a 2 decades old lens but can see the rough years wearing, 2 kids out of wedlock but never married, lives in section 8 housing, still wears their high school varsity jacket out in public... and has that murder charge dismissed because rich parents but everyone knows they did it.

Accurate in that's why you showed up, inaccurate that we're splitting hairs. You pointed out your records, I pointed out results and multiple teams more deserving.

Please invalidate my statement that brought you here with facts of what Notre Dame have achieved in the past 20 years, how they've not hung out out 2 conferences for personal benefit, how South Bend is a beautiful place and major media hub, how you and the entire fan base aren't well over 30 and fading like MLB fans, and how Brian Kelly's actions didn't directly result in the death of Declan Sullivan with private payoffs after the fact.

Because sadly some of my fellow Orange fans are obsessed with telling people how much they don't care about Notre Dame.

Like, 100 times a day.
Actually we go long periods on this board without ND mention. But when ND posters start appearing here the topic does come up. I don’t like ND and I seldom if ever actually start a post or even bring them up.

They’d take Syracuse, Pitt and BC too. Too many people in the NE. Wake is left out. NC State, Miami, VaTech to the SEC.
If the BT is confident it can go to 20, it might well decide that 24 is the number.

And the BT trying that would spur the XSEC to move to at least 20, going hard after UNC, UVA, Clemson, and FSU.

Actually we go long periods on this board without ND mention. But when ND posters start appearing here the topic does come up. I don’t like ND and I seldom if ever actually start a post or even bring them up.
I'm teasing, but I think half the posts in this monster thread are about ND.

Accurate in that's why you showed up, inaccurate that we're splitting hairs. You pointed out your records, I pointed out results and multiple teams more deserving.

Please invalidate my statement that brought you here with facts of what Notre Dame have achieved in the past 20 years, how they've not hung out out 2 conferences for personal benefit, how South Bend is a beautiful place and major media hub, how you and the entire fan base aren't well over 30 and fading like MLB fans, and how Brian Kelly's actions didn't directly result in the death of Declan Sullivan with private payoffs after the fact.
tenor.gif

While I could "refute" most of what you said i would be better off pissing in the wind. But on one point, Declan Sullivan, BK , and should have been fired. But the family (Declan's family) got involved and forgave what happened and started a scholarship in his name. But it is really low of you and shows how little character you have that you are willing to stand on top of a coffin to bash ND. Congrats, you are a horrible person.

The single worst document that the Clemson administration has ever signed...
When Clemson's football fortunes inevitably fade (and they will, they always do) you'll change your tune. Or you won't and you'll be just as obnoxious, that's quite possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom