Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

That's just the opposite of what's afoot right now. The whole idea behind Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC is to lock in that league's advantage for as far forward as anyone can see. Them Good Ol' Boys want to etch it in stone.
Relegation systems just won’t work in the US. Too unpredictable from a financial and planning standpoint.

Live look at the SEC and Big
1627332174258.png

Sooooo haven't read the thread but want to congratulate you all on 45 pages in less than a week. Killin' it!

It tells you that realignment is a great "any news is good news" business model. Almost feel like the conferences should just spontaneously realign for newsflow

Sooooo haven't read the thread but want to congratulate you all on 45 pages in less than a week. Killin' it!
People have been waiting almost 10 years for this. There's like hundreds of different scenarios to be presented, and no shortage of vaguely inside info to be given!

People have been waiting almost 10 years for this. There's like hundreds of different scenarios to be presented, and no shortage of vaguely inside info to be given!
Does anyone wonder what will happen to the basketball tournament? The NCAA makes a lot of money on it, and can't see these greedy people allowing someone else to run it. Could see the power conferences running it and inviting who they want.

Feel like this is trending towards a Nike and Adidas type situation, but with ESPN and Fox. or maybe more accurately national league and American League in MLB.

They’re both gonna build junior NFL’s, with espn based on the sec and Fox based on the b1g.

They’ll come together for a playoff based on the one they have now, and each walk away with tons of money.

To make this work they’ll need ditch diggers too in football. Think something like 32 teams under each umbrella (in whatever fashion it works out). The big boys will be there, but the medium guys will find a spot too.
It is hard to see a way for both to be the same amount of teams. At best you get both to 30 teams.

For the current 16 team SEC to get to 28 teams and keep the B1G out of the South they would need to add FSU, GA Tech, Clemson, UNC, Duke, UVA to start. That gets you to 22. Then who? Do you really want to add a 2nd team in Oklahoma, a 3rd team in North Carolina, a 2nd team in Virginia, a 2nd team in Kentucky? Kansas State? West Virginia? Cincy? If you take of those teams you are at 30. Is it worth it? I think 24 makes more sense for the SEC.

For the current 14 team B1G to get to 28 and not get into the South would need to start by adding the 9 AAU P12 schools and AAU Kansas. That gets you to 24. They can add Pitt (AAU) and non AAU private schools ND, BC, SU. Now you are at 28, which would make sense. Iowa State is AAU but I don't see how they fit. But if you must get to 30 you need to add them and likely UConn.

SEC could try for 2 teams each in most states. They are have that in 4 states. Making it in an additional 7 states might be achievable (8 if Kansas as well). Still seems hard to get past 24 though.

Georgia, and Florida would much rather play Clemson than South Carolina, or Kentucky. With the new playoff even losing to Clemson guarantees a spot in the playoffs, as long as no big loses.
That's an argument for SCAR or Kentucky to be the 4th "no" vote. Show solidarity with ATM now and it's likely they'll reciprocate when and if your "little brother" comes calling.

That's an argument for SCAR or Kentucky to be the 4th "no" vote. Show solidarity with ATM now and it's likely they'll reciprocate when and if your "little brother" comes calling.
The Big East died because they let a basketball guy run it. History is repeating itself because the ACC let a basketball guy from North Carolina run the conference all those years.

Yes, this is my question too. If/when the NCAA is some how cut out of basketball, that would free up over $1.2 Billion in annual revenue that is made from just the NCAA tournament alone. Some of that is distributed to the conferences but there is still a lot of money sitting out there

Oklahoma State president laying ground work for a lawsuit against Oklahoma and Texas.

For what? Conferences aren't bound for life. The B12 requires 18 months notice. Texas and OU will provide that official notice at that time. In which case they will be withheld B12 revenue. They didn't violate the B12's rules.

Again, how does the ACC get picked off with their GOR time period? I don't get how you jump around the damages on that one? I still think the ACC realizes this (and realizes the money disparity) and try and join up with B10 as some sort of a federation. Almost the equivalent of taking a company private. My guess would be the B10 would have to take all the teams. Synergy of a single leadership, one central commissioner may be worth it to all parties if the alternative is some parties will peel off for the SEC.

The reporters are starting to sniff around on the idea of some schools should be paid more. Why wouldn't the big dogs in the B10 feel the same way?
If legislation demands that players get a percentage of conference revenue, would it completely change the terms and model those contracts were signed on?

I'm no lawyer, but it seems it would change everything, and cause some members damages. In that case, I say the lawyers tear it apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom