Thamel | Syracusefan.com

Thamel

djorange1989

Living Legend
I don't know what happened between Thamel and SU but he has been tweeting some nasty stuff about the football program. We know the program is hurting and we don't need this pr**k reminding the world

I don't know what happened between Thamel and SU but he has been tweeting some nasty stuff about the football program. We know the program is hurting and we don't need this pr**k reminding the world

I think Thamel was butthurt after the backlash he got from SU fans over his opinions on the NCAA sanctions.

He hasn't been a "friendly" for quite a while. In this case he's just sharing a DO article about #44, though the reference to "your irrelevant football program" is a bit much. I suspect Pete won't be granted any time at Manley for 1-on-1 interviews anytime soon.

I don't read him. Is he saying anything that is untrue?

you guys want our national writers to be sycophants for a program that deserves scrutiny?

I'm a Newhouse grad and I applaud his independent/alumni neutral stances he takes. He's where he is because of his writing chops.

you guys want our national writers to be sycophants for a program that deserves scrutiny?

I'm a Newhouse grad and I applaud his independent/alumni neutral stances he takes. He's where he is because of his writing chops.
his is not a neutral stance

I think he comes off as a . It was like Herbstreit taking shots at us before the LSU game. Yes, we know the program is hurting, yes we know we are near the bottom of the P5 pile. The guy is going out of his way to take what Moontan correctly calls unnecessary jabs. He posted a link last week to the DO series about SU football. He was giving them props for the series(deservedly so) but made sure to tweet something along the lines of "great series that helps explain why SU football really stinks". I don't expect the guy to be an a** kisser, but it sure as hell looks like he is going after the program. Go write about Kansas Football, Pete. Or Wake. Or Purdue. Or Rutgers.

Sounded to me more like a ticked-off alum. He also liked a DO article blaming the downfall of SU football on the exodus of coaches when Marrone left, just as we were poised to enter the ACC.

I think he comes off as a . It was like Herbstreit taking shots at us before the LSU game. Yes, we know the program is hurting, yes we know we are near the bottom of the P5 pile. The guy is going out of his way to take what Moontan correctly calls unnecessary jabs. He posted a link last week to the DO series about SU football. He was giving them props for the series(deservedly so) but made sure to tweet something along the lines of "great series that helps explain why SU football really stinks". I don't expect the guy to be an a** kisser, but it sure as hell looks like he is going after the program. Go write about Kansas Football, Pete. Or Wake. Or Purdue. Or Rutgers.

Yeah, how dare Herbie forget we were ranked for a minute like fifteen years ago.

Yeah, how dare Herbie forget we were ranked for a minute like fifteen years ago.

that isn't my point, I am aware we have generally sucked for the past 15 years. It's unnecessary and contrived shots at us out of the blue. Thamel is a national writer at SI. If we are irrelevant why does he post things about us on his Twitter account, which is where most national readers follow him? More than SI print or SI.com I am sure. Go post about Kansas.

that isn't my point, I am aware we have generally sucked for the past 15 years. It's unnecessary and contrived shots at us out of the blue. Thamel is a national writer at SI. If we are irrelevant why does he post things about us on his Twitter account, which is where most national readers follow him? More than SI print or SI.com I am sure. Go post about Kansas.

Because he's an alum and frustrated?

i am sure that every question he asked to a professor was prefaced by a strained 5 minute preamble referencing some worthless internship he did. newhouse tool

As I recall he was DO sports editor for several years and then interned and worked at the NY Times. Not sure that's worthless. The guy lived and breathed sports journalism since day 1, that's why he's successful.

I think this is an expression of frustration at years of mismanagement of the football program and maybe intended to add to the pile-on so that a change could be made with coaching. It's definitely not unbiased though, it's emotional. It's like yelling at your kids sometimes because you give a .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom