That Chukwu turnover | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

That Chukwu turnover

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 9.24.26 PM.png

Like earlier in the game when he got the Howard miss - it was almost an alley oop, but again he brought the ball down low and had it knocked away instead of just putting it right back up

That is the exact type of play I had in mind. That’s gotta be a bucket every time. Gotta be.

He got carved up like a thanksgiving turkey in the first half and early in the second.

I know he made some nice blocks late in the game, but he was atrocious for most of it.

The last turnover was 50% on him, and 50% on no one presenting to him. But it was the back beaker in the game.

If we keep the ball there, I like our chances. Having said all that, we had no right being in that game. Unc's ball movement was tremendous.

Our press sped them up, otherwise, they got almost any shot they wanted all game long.

Wow, you guys are pretty rough on a guy who led us in rebounds (11), blocks (4) and steals (2).

It woulda been awesome if he held on to that ONE rebound, but it also would have been awesome if the guards came to help him.
Agreed - that turnover hurt, but he had some huge blocks and rebounds at the end that helped keep us in the game too.

He got carved up like a thanksgiving turkey in the first half and early in the second.

I know he made some nice blocks late in the game, but he was atrocious for most of it.

The last turnover was 50% on him, and 50% on no one presenting to him. But it was the back beaker in the game.

If we keep the ball there, I like our chances. Having said all that, we had no right being in that game. Unc's ball movement was tremendous.

Our press sped them up, otherwise, they got almost any shot they wanted all game long.
so you agree last 5 minutes he was pretty damn good ?

Here's a thought... press a little bit earlier on. Do anything else.

Respectfully, the press only worked b/c Chewy was so clutch as an anchor. (Mostly)

Hater.

Respectfully, the press only worked b/c Chewy was so clutch as an anchor. (Mostly)
Chukwu was only effective because UNC lost their damned minds and didn't set up their offense.

I don't know why he isn't playing.
Because we have nobody else and Thompson left. Chukwu would be a 10-15 minute player for defense only. He reminds me of Baye Keita. Stone hands and 0 offensive skills. Good on D though but still has problems there holding onto rebounds.

Yeah. Unc in the half court was super efficient. Twice they attacked the rim out of control and we made plays.

Not sure how anyone can assess our halfcourt interior defense as anything but horrific for 35 minutes.

Almost the reverse of when UNC was at the dome 2 years ago (prime time game that I was in attendance for).
In that game D was decent for 35 minutes and we were right in it, and then UNC figured out how to carve up the D in the paint and put the game out of reach.

But it was the back beaker in the game.

After we tied the game at 74, we had four straight possessions where we came up empty, any of which could have won us the ball game. Chuckwu is easy pickings, but I disagree that it was the back breaker. The inability to put the ball in the basket on 5 straight shot attempts over 4 possessions was the back breaker.

74-74 1. Brissett's air balled 3
74-74 2. Battle's missed 3, and then Chuckwu's turnover following his offensive rebound
74-76 3. Brissett's missed layup and Battle's miss following the offensive rebound of Brissett's miss.
74-76 4. Howard's missed 3.

Can’t even give him credit when he did well eh? Sheesh
He didn't. He got a few blocks and some rebounds. He was the tallest guy on the floor by a bunch. It's literally the least he should do.

I will never give him credit in a game that includes a great alley oop pass that he jumps, catches, brings down and gives the ball away. If you can't dunk at 7'2" on a play literally designed for you, go sit down.

Sidibe needs to play more. Pc isn't getting the job done.

Sidibe looked like a middle schooler against their bigs in his limited time on the court. He’s not ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom