That Chukwu turnover | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

That Chukwu turnover

He didn't. He got a few blocks and some rebounds. He was the tallest guy on the floor by a bunch. It's literally the least he should do.

I will never give him credit in a game that includes a great alley oop pass that he jumps, catches, brings down and gives the ball away. If you can't dunk at 7'2" on a play literally designed for you, go sit down.

You’re a joke

It's funny you aren't calling out Jake for essentially saying the same thing.

Jake at least didn’t discount the stretch he did well like you feel the need to. He was bad for most of tonight, but I don’t think it hurts to point out he made some plays to get us back in the game but whatever.

Last edited:
Jake at least didn’t discount the stretch he did well like you feel the need to. He was bad for most of tonight but i don’t think it hurts to point out he made some plays to get us back in the game but whatever
I gave him credit for his blocks. He did well to get those without fouling. But if we want to be back near the top of the ACC, we need some offense from our 5.

wow. I thought it was bad on the guards. PC gets the rebound and the guards were statues instead of coming to the ball, NC guy grabs it. game over.
Yeah, they’re both to blame as well. I love our guards, but they stand around flat footed too much and watch loose balls and rebounds. Get in there and go after it!

Yeah, they’re both to blame as well. I love our guards, but they do a lot of standing around and watching loose balls and rebounds. Get in there and go after it!

It sure seems like mental breakdowns like this seem to happen right near the end of the game. These guys are tired.

Absolutely killer, especially given the situation. And to have that turn that into a run out opportunity -- double whammy. Ugh...
I also didn’t love Frank and Tyus’s choices to pull up for 3s in those last few possessions. OB had the right idea—take your man off the dribble and get to the basket!

Yeah on offense it rarely seems like he is 7’2 because he is so finesse and doesn’t go up strong ever. Or brings the ball down too much.
I agree. But then you have these bursts of aggressive play around the rim and him dunking the ball or going up and aggressively challenging shots. The potential is there for him to improve on offense. I mean, he’s never going to be a star but he can get better. This is his first year in college playing heavy minutes.

I agree. But then you have these bursts of aggressive play around the rim and him dunking the ball or going up and aggressively challenging shots. The potential is there for him to improve on offense. I mean, he’s never going to be a star but he can get better. This is his first year in college playing heavy minutes.

We’ll see. Obviously he is more comfortable on defense. If he dunks it usually seems he is alone. It is really rare where he gets a rebound and just powers up to dunk over somebody or a rebound putback dunk. Then again half of the time he is way out screening, sigh.

That turnover was an emotional rollercoaster. When we grabbed it I really thought we had the game - it just felt good, the momentum was on our side, just had a huge rebound, things are looking good.

Then Chukwu decided to dribble.

Somehow that didn't quite end in a total disaster. But then he held the ball there for Berry, you're 7'3", why, why, why.....and that was it. The blocks are fantastic, but you're the back-man on the press, that's your job. I don't know, I expect some of that, but when you're a mediocre team you just can't have that kind of crap mistake. Our shot selection was crap, but that was dude's trying to make plays, bad decisions IMO, but whatever.

Chukwu just messed it up when we really, really, really needed him not to. And that's about it for me.

It's not even going above and beyond to hold that ball....especially considering the subpar performance overall. The missed lob, etc...

Blah. :(

We’ll see. Obviously he is more comfortable on defense. If he dunks it usually seems he is alone. It is really rare where he gets a rebound and just powers up to dunk over somebody or a rebound putback dunk. Then again half of the time he is way out screening, sigh.
I don’t know why we use him as a screener at all. He’s terrible at rolling to the rim. Obviously Sid’s offensive upside is way higher, but he’s clearly still playing hurt. We gotta get him healthy. He’s gonna be important next year. But I do think Chukwu has shown some flashes (albeit fleeting) on offense at times. I hope he can improve a bit next year.

You just have to get the ball out of there in that situation.

No basketball IQ. In grade school when in doubt.....time running out...you learn to call time out. Easy math end of discussion. You just instinctively call it. And some are blaming the guards? Really? Let's hold his hand while he crosses the street. Ugh

I don’t know why we use him as a screener at all. He’s terrible at rolling to the rim. Obviously Sid’s offensive upside is way higher, but he’s clearly still playing hurt. We gotta get him healthy. He’s gonna be important next year. But I do think Chukwu has shown some flashes (albeit fleeting) on offense at times. I hope he can improve a bit next year.
It's not just that the rolls are bad. We never even look at him. I have no idea why we run that play.

No basketball IQ. In grade school when in doubt...time running out...you learn to call time out. Easy math end of discussion. You just instinctively call it. And some are blaming the guards? Really? Let's hold his hand while he crosses the street. Ugh
I have to imagine him not playing in grade school has to have some kind of impact in situations like this. Because you're right, most of the rest of us had this drilled into our heads by middle school.

exactly, anyone that has ever played point guard knows you dash to the ball to get it away from a guy like PC

That play happened literally 5 feet in front of me. Chu froze or something because Frank was right there less than 5 feet from him and nobody near him. All Chu had to do was flip it to him. He was facing Frank and just froze.

I hear ya. They (UNC) just seem to find these bigs and PF types who can make a lot of plays even when they aren’t scoring. Frustrating. Our guys are so raw. It’s comical when Moyer does his dribbling exhibition behind the 3pt line, wastes 5-7 seconds, then passes it to somebody else.

That play happened literally 5 feet in front of me. Chu froze or something because Frank was right there less than 5 feet from him and nobody near him. All Chu had to do was flip it to him. He was facing Frank and just froze.
I just watched it, too, and he also had a wide open Tyus close to him as well. He just froze for some reason and then tried to DRIBBLE. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom