that game was fantastic, they played | Syracusefan.com

that game was fantastic, they played

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
great, O was great execution was perfect exec, they took it to them, Hackett called a great game.. People who know me here, know that I bitch, but I support this program always have and always will, doesn't change, I think sometimes people feel you can't be diehard fan and have serious questions about the program, I stated that our O pretty much stunk and until last night it did, lets keep it up. The execution was flawless. Anyway, who gives a F what a win

For those people here that are new and think I am a bandwagon fan, and those that are "calling me out" that is actually really amusing. Sometimes, I wish I din't care as much as I do believe me it would be easier sometimes. You are right, I did not think we would win the game but have always said that we can beat anyone on the schedule or lose to as well. Most here didnt think we would win either so lets...

Too hungover to post anything else...good lord, barrel was dropped off at home around 4:00... lucky I didn't pass out in the yard.

May the power of Schools be with you -- you should check out JJ Grey and Mofro if you like Widespread. Kinda like Widespread and Otis Redding had a baby.

May the power of Schools be with you -- you should check out JJ Grey and Mofro if you like Widespread. Kinda like Widespread and Otis Redding had a baby.
seen them both, like them a lot.

to jump on what CIL said, may the power of many posts be with you. Your point there in this thread is spot on...we can now beat any team going forward on the schedule, and, yes, we can lose to any of them too.

So much good comes of last night but there's still room for improvements. The hugest potential gaffe was at the end of the half with 20 seconds left with it clear that WVU want to end the half too. So on third with 20 seconds left we pass incomplete giving them two opportunities (punt and one play) to do something instead of running it and letting the half end (I highly doubt they use a TO given how they approached the end of the half to that point). NEVER NEVER give the other team a chance when you don't have to. Nitpicking? Maybe but could make the difference between good and great some day or winning and losing. As they say the little things mean a lot.

Perhaps a conversation for another day but thought I'd serve you up a softball to get some of the posters panties in a wad:):p

What is the point about even commenting about a sries that had no implications about the outcome of the game whatsoever? You people criticize no matter what it seems!! This was virtually a perfect game so just !!

What is the point about even commenting about a sries that had no implications about the outcome of the game whatsoever? You people criticize no matter what it seems!! This was virtually a perfect game so just !!
Mark May thought it was important, called it horrible clock management. Didn't bother me any, but I did get nervous that WVU would strike fast with a TD.

Haha my old man calls me this morning.

He says yeah yeah yeah great win, but one thing really bothered me, REALLY bothered me. That clock management before the end of the half, that coulda really cost us.

I just realized,
Cuseregular must be my dad, because there can't be more than one SU fan who gives a crap.

Exactly it's not even worth mentioning!! Every game will have at least some form of imperfection in it. This one had very little to complain about. We crushed The 11th ranked team in the country and some one still has to complain about something that was actually irrelevant! If the pass was completed then no one says a word.

I wouldn't put too much credence into what the "eat crow" posters were saying. They are just passionate fans who saw their team dominate Friday and felt vindicated in their hopes and expectations for the current team. For what its worth, I agreed with most of your assessments on the team prior to the WVU game ... just didn't need to hear it so often ;)

We are all just fans. Being passionate sometimes means just that. We get excited. In the end, we all want the team to excel and we all have our opinions of what needs to be fixed. Its great to have fans that want to see the team improve and be better, regardless of how you all may feel that may, or should be, be achieved.

We you OverABarrelinIthaca on like 3 boards ago? I've always wanted to be sure.

Hmm wrong...if they got a gimme 3 or 7 pts there it would've changed the complexion of the game

A fine line between success and failure

CR was correct it was a horrible series (time execution wise) we were lucky to escape

Ohhh...and this Ithaca guy (OP) is a newbie bandwagoner. I think he is a Rutgirls fan who has come over to the dark side.

NSFW. Clegg is the best.

Hmm wrong...if they got a gimme 3 or 7 pts there it would've changed the complexion of the game

A fine line between success and failure

CR was correct it was a horrible series (time execution wise) we were lucky to escape
Um WVU got the ball with 19 seconds left in the half. Not exactly what I would call potentially catastrophic. They didn't even come close to getting points out of it. So I would say that it had no impact on the game whatsoever. I could just as easily say that what if we had completed that 3rd down pass and it had gone for a big gainer. The truth is it had no impact on the game......zero!
Ohhh...and this Ithaca guy (OP) is a newbie bandwagoner. I think he is a Rutgirls fan who has come over to the dark side.

The series had no impact on the game.... Zero! You can say a lot if what it's about every play in a game. I thought it was good theywere being aggressive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom