The “Duke gets all the calls” thread. | Syracusefan.com

The “Duke gets all the calls” thread.

Remember the old Big East when Georgetown players would smack your guys with elbows right in the face with no call and Hoyas would lower shoulders and plow Cuse players as they were blocking dummies with no charge called but often a block called? And when Boeheim would be dressed down by refs for daring suggest they seem to refuse to make calls against Georgetown?

Dook is the ACC's Georgetown.

They did get plenty of calls their way in this game today BUT until SU can shoot FTs and 3s consistent and can recruit big guy in the middle who can play both ends of the floor, you won't see any N.C. here anytime soon.

From the moment O'Connell got the phantom foul on his made 3, things seemed to head south.

Not a fan of how much they are allowed to put their hands on ball handlers.

Can't take away the fact that Duke made shots(including ft's), and we didn't. Which was the real difference in the second half.

They did get plenty of calls their way in this game today BUT until SU can shoot FTs and 3s consistent and can recruit big guy in the middle who can play both ends of the floor, you won't see any N.C. here anytime soon.

I lost track of how many obvious blown calls there were in Duke's favor, but we were horrible from the line in the 2nd half, and didn't make a 3 in the 2nd half, aside from a garbage time trey from Battle

How about the one ball in the first half where Eli gets back on the break and blocks the layup and the ball clearly goes off of the Duke player's chest. That was another 2 free pts as they scored on that possession.

How about the one ball in the first half where Eli gets back in the break and blocks and layup and the ball clearly goes off of the Duke player's chest. That was another 2 free pts as they scored on that possession.

Happened again when Jones had a breakaway late in the game and I believe it was frank who blocked it and it went of Jones. Yet it was duke ball.

The sad part is dook fans are oblivious to it... They see the bullshit no-calls not as legitimate uncalled fouls, but as what dook deserves for being dook.

I've asked the dook fans I know about it... The response I get from all 3 of the dook fans I know is "we get everyone's best game, so there should be no home cooking calls."

i e. We get special treatment because we deserve it.

It's more than a bit embarrassing... But there is no embarrassment for dook fan. Just the satisfaction of entitlement.

The sad part is dook fans are oblivious to it... They see the bullshit no-calls not as legitimate uncalled fouls, but as what dook deserves for being dook.

I've asked the dook fans I know about it... The response I get from all 3 of the dook fans I know is "we get everyone's best game, so there should be no home cooking calls."

i e. We get special treatment because we deserve it.

It's more than a bit embarrassing... But there is no embarrassment for dook fan. Just the satisfaction of entitlement.

It's the "Jordan" effect. He rarely got called for traveling, because no way could the greatest player ever make a mistake.

Same goes with duke, when you're supposedly the best players or team, reach-ins become clean steals and over the backs are clean rebounds. Virginia gets away with some as well due to their reputation of being the supposed best D in the country.

I lost track of how many obvious blown calls there were in Duke's favor, but we were horrible from the line in the 2nd half, and didn't make a 3 in the 2nd half, aside from a garbage time trey from Battle

The two bad calls that probably changed the game was the non call on Buddy's 3 point attempt and the missed double dribble by Jones on the alley oop to Barrett. Two huge calls that changed momentum of the game
It’s an absolute disgrace and completely impacted our sweet 16 game last year too. Also TV Teddy is junk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom