The ACC is not loving us | Syracusefan.com

The ACC is not loving us

Geode

Block Head
The local Charlotte talk radio was all over how they DO NOT want one of those northern teams to win the ACC. Carolina fans are suddenly rooting for Duke, they were all happy that Duke beat Pitt. etc. etc.

Apparently, we Syracuse fans are do not respect the ACC history and feel that our Big East was better than the ACC (it was). I had never called into a radio show before so i decided to call in and actually got through.

I reminded them that they, the ACC, asked for this. They asked 10 years ago and pulled the plug and then they came back to the well.

I reminded them that we endured them disrespecting our football team all fall.

When joking with them about the respect thing they said "We don't think you guys (Syracuse fans) respect Duke and Carolina" to which I replied "We absolutely respect Duke and Carolina, it's the rest of the league we have no respect for".

There's some southern hate brewing.

I hope we show up in force tomorrow night, weather be damned.

Let's Go Orange!

When joking with them about the respect thing they said "We don't think you guys (Syracuse fans) respect Duke and Carolina" to which I replied "We absolutely respect Duke and Carolina, it's the rest of the league we have no respect for".

Let's Go Orange!

Way to represent.

And for the record, I dont respect Duke or Carolina. F them.

The local Charlotte talk radio was all over how they DO NOT want one of those northern teams to win the ACC. Carolina fans are suddenly rooting for Duke, they were all happy that Duke beat Pitt. etc. etc.

Apparently, we Syracuse fans are do not respect the ACC history and feel that our Big East was better than the ACC (it was). I had never called into a radio show before so i decided to call in and actually got through.

I reminded them that they, the ACC, asked for this. They asked 10 years ago and pulled the plug and then they came back to the well.

Let's Go Orange!
Wait. So they're mad because they don't want us to win the ACC in our first season. Kinda sounds like they don't respect us. They sound like a bunch of entitled babies.

Let's Go Orange!

Blah, was in North Carolina last week, to a person every Tar Heel fan told us to beat Duke.

Duke is about as Southern as Newark.

The MAC Attack in Charlotte is one of the worst sports talk radio shows I have ever heard. The older host Celonia hates us because he is an Indiana Hoosiers fan, and we destroyed his bracket last year, and the host Mac is a Maryland fan whose college basketball knowledge isn't that strong. UNC fans DO NOT WANT DUKE to win the ACC over anybody. Carolina fans are worried about their own program. People who call into sports radio stations are the crazy of the craziest. 0.1% of any fanbase call into a station trust me the UNC fans I know hate Duke more than the Northern Yankee ACC teams.

I love it. We've put ACC fans in a really bad place. Watch a newcomer win your league, or root for a rival to take out the newcomer. It's classic.

I remember people voiced some concern when we went over that we would be considered outsiders and wouldn't be acknowledged as a real member of the conference. This is the kind of stuff that accelerates that process.

Blah, was in North Carolina last week, to a person every Tar Heel fan told us to beat Duke.

Absolutely! Not to mention there are so many people living in the Charlotte area that are from somewhere else, Northeasterners, Midwesterners are everywhere down here...I've been living in the Charlotte subs for some 20 years now...the North/South nonsense makes for good banter, especially on radio...

Last edited:
The MAC Attack in Charlotte is one of the worst sports talk radio shows I have ever heard. The older host Celonia hates us because he is an Indiana Hoosiers fan, and we destroyed his bracket last year, and the host Mac is a Maryland fan whose college basketball knowledge isn't that strong. UNC fans DO NOT WANT DUKE to win the ACC over anybody. Carolina fans are worried about their own program. People who call into sports radio stations are the crazy of the craziest. 0.1% of any fanbase call into a station trust me the UNC fans I know hate Duke more than the Northern Yankee ACC teams.

Years ago WFNZ here in Charlotte was awesome, prior to them canning Steve Czaban. Pac-Man was okay, so was Gary Williams prior to his move to the Golf Channel...

Years ago WFNZ here in Charlotte was awesome, prior to them canning Steve Czaban. Pac-Man was okay, so was Gary Williams prior to his move to the Golf Channel...
It really is garbage on that station now. Marc Packer was okay, but he was a little bit of a douche like his dad, but he could talk college basketball. The morning, afternoon, and drive-home stations are terrible. I end up listening to SVP & Russello or Bill Rosinski's station. WFNZ isn't good enough for Charlotte sports fans.

I don't know any UNC fans that want Dook to win. Doesn't matter if they are playing Syracuse, NC State, or the Mansons. We'll always cheer for the opponent.

Isn't Charlotte considered a home game for us if we play there? Shouldn't they support the "local" team. It's on the east coast, hence part of Syracuse's kingdom.

1280px-Sherman_sea_1868.jpg

Reminds me of a friend who's an NCState. Every time I talk to him he says something like "I know you'll pound my Wolfpack but whatever you do, beat Fagolina!".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom