The ACC is not loving us | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC is not loving us

I agree JB's comments after the Pitt game were not respectful to the ACC.

I don't expect you to change your mind on this, but he is an intensely loyal guy who spent most of his life helping to build the Big East from scratch. He respects the ACC a lot but fought a lot of battles against that worthy adversary and it is a little hard for him to accept being on the other side of the battle now.

It was more of a statement of pride for where his team has come from than an attempt to denigrate the conference that in many ways has saved the Syracuse athletic program from an awful fate.
Keep in mind, JB is the first (that I heard, anyway) to say something like "The ACC is the best basketball conference in the history of the world". And he's repeated that. There's no question that he's all in on the ACC. When he's nostalgic, it's for a BE that ceased to exist a long time ago.

One of my x girlfriends go to Duke and she said the original chant was making fun of the players grandmother. Then they changed it.

This is a steaming pile of crap. There was never, ever any plan to chant about his grandmother. NO ONE EVEN KNEW HIS GRANDMOTHER HAD DIED BEFORE THE GAME.

It was 'past your bedtime.'

We are nothing more than Carpet Baggers from the north as far as the old school ACC is concerned. They may need us but they ain't gonna ever like us.
Now just to get a little tongue in cheek here, I think you have it backwards. Syracuse needed the ACC a lot more than the ACC needed Syracuse. Otherwise the conference would be named the BIG East. Not trying to get into a pissing match :) just giving perspective that we all acknowledge that at the time the Big East was the best basketball conference but that wasn't enough to sustain it as a power 6 conference.

Now just to get a little tongue in cheek here, I think you have it backwards. Syracuse needed the ACC a lot more than the ACC needed Syracuse. Otherwise the conference would be named the BIG East. Not trying to get into a pissing match :) just giving perspective that we all acknowledge that at the time the Big East was the best basketball conference but that wasn't enough to sustain it as a power 6 conference.
Fair enough, but in terms of maintaining even adequate status in the cbb hierachy, the ACC "needed" to acquire some new blood. This wasn't charity you were extending to us to save our necks, even if some ACC diehards would like to perceive it that way. Bringing in the 4 old-BE programs was mutually beneficial for all parties involved.

I don't like what you said... but it isn't wrong.

So basically you recruited three northern teams to your conference to be mediocre so you can be more mediocre to. Good thinking.

You would think the other acc schools would be jealous to the point of hate over unc and duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom