The all inclusive Quade Green thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The all inclusive Quade Green thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaSalle makes a lot of sense.

Penn too, if he's smart. I wonder if Villanova is a sleeper, with Quinnerly not working out.

Why not? Are you not a fan of depth?

Despite what I state above about Green, I'm all for improving the overall depth / talent on this team. If the staff wants to bring him in, that's fine with me.

That said -- at minimum our backcourt depth for 19-20 appears to be Carey, Boeheim, Goodine, and Girard -- and possibly Hughes, who might slide to 2 to replace Battle / make room for Guerrier.

Unless something unexpected happens like Carey leaving, I just don't see where Green fits into that mix -- or why we'd need to worry about depth.

Despite what I state above about Green, I'm all for improving the overall depth / talent on this team. If the staff wants to bring him in, that's fine with me.

That said -- at minimum our backcourt depth for 19-20 appears to be Carey, Boeheim, Goodine, and Girard -- and possibly Hughes, who might slide to 2 to replace Battle / make room for Guerrier.

Unless something unexpected happens like Carey leaving, I just don't see where Green fits into that mix -- or why we'd need to worry about depth.

You forgot Washington as well

I'm for bringing in the most talented players you can find, and sorting the rest out later. Boeheim, Goodine, Girard, and Guerrier all could be great players, but have proven zilch at the college level. We know Quade could be a facilitator and run p/r at the very worst.

You forgot Washington as well

Left him off the list intentionally -- not sure where he ends up at the end of this year, but if he stays -- then to your point, we've got five [and maybe 6] players in what is usually a 3 player rotation.

We had 0 point guards for a few games this year. Injuries can happen at any time, to any position.

I would take Green in a heartbeat and wish him well wherever he ends up

The kid did not suddenly forget how to play basketball, he played some very solid games for Kentucky last year. He bought Cal's pitch and to be honest not many kids wouldn't, given how many first round picks Cal has produced and the billions they have made.
But if Quade was here next season (via the insta transfer apparently invented by Matt Moyer) how can anyone believe he wouldn't help the program? And if he had to sit out next year he would be ready to go if Carey left.
As we saw last year guys get hurt/transfer/quit etc. and you rarely can have too many talented players. Plus having an upperclassman could really help some of the younger guys.

I think the fact that he won't be eligible until the 2nd semester should rule us out. If Girard and Goodine are good from day 1 and Carey is improved he'll become eligible and only get 5-10 mins a game even if hes decent. Hes not a good enough player to put those guys on the bench unless they are struggling. So by coming here he has to bet on those 3 to suck next year or else he won't play.

We had 0 point guards for a few games this year. Injuries can happen at any time, to any position.

I would take Green in a heartbeat and wish him well wherever he ends up

It would be a roster imbalance to have 7 guards. Even if one of them can slide to 3.

This is all a smoak screen for entering the G league draft

This is all a smoak screen for entering the G league draft
1544644936806.jpeg

Hit that one out of the park

He can’t play till the 2020-2021 season right?
If that’s true he would get good amount of minutes if Carey leaves after sophomore year

He can’t play till the 2020-2021 season right?
If that’s true he would get good amount of minutes if Carey leaves after sophomore year

Interesting point.

wonder what Calipari told him that pushed him to UK in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom