The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 471 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Five more years. At a price Rutgers cannot afford to buy out nor can their fanbase/big? money supporters.

All while operating in the red annually.
From the outside looking in, what a mess. They haven't gotten a full share from the Big10 and when they do, they won't because they received money from the conference in advance of future payouts.

RutgersAl likes this hire so much he calling on shady to be extended. Classic!
Make It So Star Trek GIF

Their OLine coach Augie Hoffman bailed to.
Sounds to me like the new OC wanted to get rid of the assistants on offense from the old OC and bring in his own guys.

Rutgers has been struggling to recruit NJ with assistants with strong ties to NJ HS football. This is not going to help. Let’s see if Ole Kirk can get some decent assistants with ties to the East to join him.

The Campanile family has all sorts of great NJ parochial ties. Is his brother still with the Dolphins? That whole family is at various NJ HS football powers. I would take a hard look if this is an option.

*Edit from Wiki about his brother Anthony - Campanile is from a proud Italian family in New Jersey, full of football coaches. Growing up he watched his father, Mike, coach at Paramus Catholic High School in New Jersey for 10 years. Mike and his brother Vito coach at Bergen Catholic high school , where Nunzio also used to coach before joining Rutgers. Another brother Nicky, is a coach at DePaul High School.[11]

Last edited:
The Campanile family has all sorts of great NJ parochial ties. Is his brother still with the Dolphins? That whole family is at various NJ HS football powers. I would take a hard look if this is an option.

Interesting for sure. TE coach as well. Those NJ ties run deep

buttgers fans are critical of Campanile's failure to recruit anyone but hometown school or not kids don't want to be a punching bag every weekend. I'll bet Campanile can recruit North Jersey if he's at a different school and can see him killing it BC. Wouldn't be the worst thing if we kicked the tires.

Last edited:
buttgers fans are critical of Campanile's failure to recruit anyone but hometown school or not kids don't want to be a punching bag every weekend. I'll bet Campanile can recruit North Jersey if he's at a different school and can see him killing it BC. Wouldn't be the worse thing if we kicked the tires.
His brother Anthony was at BC for 3 years under the Dazzler.

There were rumors Hafley was going to hire him as the BC DC but Anthony went to the Dolphins instead.

Agree, if Hafley has an opening, he is the key of a guy Jeff would love to have on staff at BC.

Could see him getting hired by Pitt or UConn too. Or any number of B1G or ACC schools that like to recruit NJ.

Looks like their strategy to hire a bunch of local NJ HS coaches flopped
You're saying promoting and paying people really big salaries when they are not ready for that level of responsibility does not necessarily pan out? Hmmmmmm. Whodathunkit? I mean, besides everyone. Must be a Rutgers thang. Wait. Never mind. They hired Shady, it is a Rutgers thang.