The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

That's 26 spots for 25 conferences.
There are 6 teams at .500 in their conference. Back them out and you get 32 spots. I thought it was an unwritten rule that you had to have a winning record in past years to get an at large bid, but they are going to change that for the B1G's benefit this year.

I’m having a logic issue .. someone help me out ... the team that is the last team to be eliminated by the committee .. should that be referred to as the first team out or the last team out ?

Is there anything to worry about that bracket matrix has us as the last team in? And only on 113 brackets?

There are 6 teams at .500 in their conference. Back them out and you get 32 spots. I thought it was an unwritten rule that you had to have a winning record in past years to get an at large bid, but they are going to change that for the B1G's benefit this year.
No Big 10 teams with below 500 overall records will get in. Get outta here with that.

great to have the quad 1 stat but one team could have played baylor/gonz/ill and be 0-3 and the other plays colgate and is 1-0.. which team is better?

looks to me like if someone wants to game the net just play a few games against AVg teams away and win

No Big 10 teams with below 500 overall records will get in. Get outta here with that.
Conference records. Maryland and Michigan State are both 9-11 in B1G play.

Conference records. Maryland and Michigan State are both 9-11 in B1G play.

Well then you're wrong with your first post. Below 500 conference teams have made it before

Nah, it’s the NONE U Wildcats.
Though they might be wrong, we are at this point firmly in according to the popular brackets. Why are people sweating? Palm has us in the field, not even first four anymore. No comprende.

So are we rooting for UB for sure, im rooting against Gtown and the rest of the bubble stealers... and what about George Tech? We beat George Tech once which would look better on the resume, but, they are just 2 spot ahead of us in NET could a loss drop them behind us? At this point most of this is just academic but I would very much like to see us in the 30's of NET rather than the "40s"

Last edited:
Well then you're wrong with your first post. Below 500 conference teams have made it before
Was not aware of that. If you can't finish over .500 in your league, I don't see where you have a legitimate gripe.

Was not aware of that. If you can't finish over .500 in your league, I don't see where you have a legitimate gripe.

We were one of them in 2017-18. We finished 8-10 in the ACC. It's a bit harder to evaluate solely based on that with larger conferences and uneven schedules.

Last edited:
We were one of them in 2017-18. We finished 8-10 in the ACC. It's a bit harder to evaluate soley based on that with larger conferences and uneven schedules.
That is true. I generally look at these mid-major bubble and lower at large teams and think they would be a the bottom of the power conferences.

We were one of them in 2017-18. We finished 8-10 in the ACC. It's a bit harder to evaluate soley based on that with larger conferences and uneven schedules.
they should set a limit though.. it doesnt always have to be about the P5 showing how hard their league is.. make it 2 under .500 or something or if you are under .500 you shouldnt also be close to .500 over all.. when a team was like 6-10 that shouldnt be in consideration..

So are we rooting for UB for sure, im rooting against Gtown and the rest of the bubble stealers... and what about GT? We beat GT once which would look better on the resume, but, they are just 2 spot ahead of us in NET could a loss drop them behind us? At this point most of this is just academic but I would very much like to see us in the 30's of NET rather than the "40s"
It would look better but we'd have to spend the next 20 hours panicking if our hated rival stole our bid.

Jerry Palm has moved us up to an 11 seed (ahead of Louisville) and out of the last-four-in group! Woohoo! Looks like these bracketologists are finally doing deeper dives into these resumes—or getting inside info from the committee. Lol.

Ha, I want to too. Just hilarious to me that somehow the committee already has their bracket finalized and leaks it to random Facebook users.
well they to have the bracket done already, probably several variations too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom