The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

If Houston wins two games it’s one bid out of this league !! Now worst case scenario now this league get two bids which is what minimum would happen if Wichita State won this game!

how much more simple can it be
Nah.
Very conceivable now with Cnci winning that AAC could get 4 teams in:
Many had/have Wichita in regardless
Cinci gets auto bid if they win tmrw
Memphis possibly in if they beat Houston today
Houston in regardless

Nah.
Houston in regardless
Or if Houston wins the title they’d get a max of 2.

I heard on ESPN radio that teams are being notified to fly into Indy ASAP, to get quarantined and into the bubble. Wonder if that has only been for AQs. Have to think there would be leaks otherwise...
they said today any team that has a chance to get in was being told to trip there just in case

Some of these teams are like 4-2 vs. T1+2 and they still have 8 losses. We are 6-8 with 9. And that's with them playing teams ranked 50-75. It's just really hard to gauge.
Carolina sitting at 32 when you need to be 30 (even a half point towards tier 1) Imagine having 3 wins against 76.

Would like to see Something like 5 points 1-30 4 points 31-60 3 points 61-90 2 points 91-120. Same with loses points. 1-40=-1 41-50 1.5 51-90=-2 91-100 -2.5 100-130 -3
In the end the goal is not to play an extra game (especially if your banged up), but that can also hurt the underdogs who get 2-6 seed upsets.

Last edited:
they said today any team that has a chance to get in was being told to trip there just in case
Sooo, what is the criteria (or definition) of "a chance". Are they supposed to consult Lunardi's "next 4 out"..... This doesn't sound practical.

Nah.
Houston in regardless
if Memphis wins today and loses to Cincinnati they’re not going to pass Syracuse and now Wichita State can not pass Syracuse and obviously Cincinnati can’t pass Syracuse

Cincinnati’s résumé is not better than Wichita State would’ve been if they won today. And that’s all that matters. And about the Memphis win you’re definitely better having Wichita lose and maybe get out that if Memphis beats Houston were then you could get 3 a lot easier.

if Houston wins two and they get one bid it definitely saved at least one bid

if Memphis wins today and loses to Cincinnati they’re not going to pass Syracuse and now Wichita State can not pass Syracuse and obviously Cincinnati can’t pass Syracuse

After the Cincy game, the 3 studio guys discussed Wichita State vs Syracuse. The dude that looks like Stephon Curry (Cuff) says Wichita State should be ahead of Syracuse because 2-3 Quad 1 is much better than 1-7. Cuff mentioned the lack of Q1 home games argument is not that strong-- says the main reason there were fewer Q1 opportunities is that Duke and UNC were down relative to other (stronger) years for the conference. So don't shoot the messenger -- just relaying the comments. But there could be others that think like him. Thus, it is critical that Georgetown, Cincy, and Oregon State don't all win, or we could be in some trouble at this time tomorrow (at the very least, we will all be sweating our arses off). As Frozen posted earlier (and I saw the link again on Twitter this afternoon), SI has us first team out right now (even before the bid stealer games are even played).

Wichita State is not getting in. Lunardi said if they beat Cindy today they would be on the edge. The loss pretty much knocks them out.
he said if they lost they would fall to 3rd to last team in

Lunardi 5:45 PM update...

1615677760011.png

After the Cincy game, the 3 studio guys discussed Wichita State vs Syracuse. The dude that looks like Stephon Curry (Cuff) says Wichita State should be ahead of Syracuse because 2-3 Quad 1 is much better than 1-7. Cuff mentioned the lack of Q1 home games argument is not that strong-- says the main reason there were fewer Q1 opportunities is that Duke and UNC were down relative to other (stronger) years for the conference. So don't shoot the messenger -- just relaying the comments. But there could be others that think like him. Thus, it is critical that Georgetown, Cincy, and Oregon State don't all win, or we could be in some trouble at this time tomorrow (at the very least, we will all be sweating our arses off). As Frozen posted earlier (and I saw the link again on Twitter this afternoon), SI has us first team out right now (even before the bid stealer games are even played).
And 6-1 is better than 2-1 in q2

And 7-8 in q1/2 wins vs 4-4 means Syracuse played a tougher schedule

Sooo, what is the criteria (or definition) of "a chance". Are they supposed to consult Lunardi's "next 4 out"... This doesn't sound practical.

what I heard the committee guy who was interviewed say was that they were flying in teams as they win their auto bids. Teams flew in today that won already and tomorrow teams that win auto bids today. Not sure I heard him mention at large teams just the auto bids.

I also keep going back to two top-100 wins (Wichita) vs nine top-100 wins (Cuse).
I know it's not a metric, but the committee usually values regular-season champions very highly. One reason why I think Wichita State will be in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom