The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Cincinnati’s résumé is not better than Wichita State would’ve been if they won today. And that’s all that matters. And about the Memphis win you’re definitely better having Wichita lose and maybe get out that if Memphis beats Houston were then you could get 3 a lot easier.

if Houston wins two and they get one bid it definitely saved at least one bid
You're not getting it so I'll just leave it at that

I like the thing CBS does with superimposing the shot clock on top of the key when it gets to 15 seconds, it then turns red with 5 seconds left, I've never seen that before

I know it's not a metric, but the committee usually values regular-season champions very highly. One reason why I think Wichita State will be in.
How did the American pick their regular-season champion this year? Total wins or winning percentage? Might make a difference with the committee.

Crazy to think how these weeks used to go before they added the extra 4 teams.

I think it's all the same.

Years ago teams 65 & 66 used to be nervous. Now it's teams 69 & 70.

In a few years it could be teams 73 & 74.

could see wichita as in if houston wins aac out for cincy if there not

Was not aware of that. If you can't finish over .500 in your league, I don't see where you have a legitimate gripe.

Sure ... let’s not factor in how good the teams you play are when establishing who the best teams are . This argument was rightfully dispensed with years ago... like using pitcher win / loss records in cy young voting

Creighton is going to be a team I bet against first round.
The team has to have a lot of turmoil from McDermott and they look very sloppy.
That UConn game was a brickfest and Georgetown is bigboying them.

Gtown on a mission.
They were +9 I took them thinking this would be a close game.
I should have taken them +280 but I didn’t think they would win but Creighton looks like garbage. Which is an indictment on UConn for blowing that game last night.

if Memphis wins today and loses to Cincinnati they’re not going to pass Syracuse and now Wichita State can not pass Syracuse and obviously Cincinnati can’t pass Syracuse
This.

I am quite sure right now Syracuse is somewhere in the 6th or 7th last at large team in the tournament. There aren’t enough opportunities for bad teams to get upsets and steal bids to knock Syracuse out.

Wichita State was above us in Palm’s bracket going into today. The awful loss to a bad Cincy team will probably drop them below us. So we end up less likely to have to play in a PIG and continue to move closer to a 10 seed, I don’t think we will get that high but it appears we are going to be a high 11 seed.

Mika Woods, a Syracuse native who played most of his career at Ludden, was a key player for Cincinnati down the stretch.

We are the 7th ACC team I think we are in no matter.
These upsets might cost us a bye and have to play in the first four.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom