The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Can someone explain to me the foul reversal call in the Houston game ? We were listening on radio in the car (wife is a Houston grad) and the local guys did a crap job of explaining it ..but it sounded like the refs used replay for something you can’t use replay for
Ref called a foul on Memphis.
Then the refs went to monitor to see if it was a hook and hold flagrant foul.

Refs went to monitor and decided it wasn’t a foul on Memphis kid but a foul on Houston.

If the refs didn’t go to the monitor to check for a hook and hold it then Houston gets the call but the review caused them to reverse.
Sampson wanted a double foul which is what it looked like but the refs called the foul on just Houston.

ohio is no slouch. beat the 1 seed easily yesterday all game long. Wouldnt want to play them.

nGuSTbnh.jpg

Ref called a foul on Memphis.
Then the refs went to monitor to see if it was a hook and hold flagrant foul.

Refs went to monitor and decided it wasn’t a foul on Memphis kid but a foul on Houston.

If the refs didn’t go to the monitor to check for a hook and hold it then Houston gets the call but the review caused them to reverse.
Sampson wanted a double foul which is what it looked like but the refs called the foul on just Houston.

Pretty sure you can’t do that .. in other words .. the refs went to see if they could upgrade the foul on Memphis .. but instead took it away completely .. and gave one to the other team

ESPN made a number of bad hires for ACCN. Cuff is one of them. He has to go.
I was really annoyed with the halftime coverage for some of the ACC games just going to packer and Durham radio show. I think that’s just plain lazy in their part and not at all entertaining
I haven't watched much of the Big 10 and Pac12 networks to compare but I am guessing the budget for on air talent is minimal. You guys have seen the commercials. It's like the same four on a loop. Not much income coming in

Does it matter for us Ga. Tech or Fl. St.?
I don’t think so. I have seen some brackets where GT is only slightly in front of Syracuse. If they lost badly, there might be a small chance we could end up in front of them. But that is doubtful.

The bubble for us this season keeps reminding me of every time I come in close contact with someone who has Covid.
Right after my friends, and mind, keep telling me not worry, you’re good you were only around that person for a couple of minutes... but you don’t know for sure until you get that test results back.
As I sit here on a Saturday night with that Q-tip massaging my cerebral cortex I am still a bit nervous

I haven't watched much of the Big 10 and Pac12 networks to compare but I am guessing the budget for on air talent is minimal. You guys have seen the commercials. It's like the same four on a loop. Not much income coming in
The Big 10 Network has good analysts for football and basketball.
With good studio hosts.

The PAC-12 network I have never watched I have DirecTV.

The SEC network has decent announcers.
The ACC network is just garbage all around. The hosts, analysts and studio teams.

I get ESPN is probably just saving money with it but they could be better.

Creighton, I got nothing for you.

Head back to camp, you will be going to Tribal Council tomorrow.
Off the plantation, reservation, camp, fort, bus, plane, train, boat, planet, galaxy, universe.

i feel somewhat confident about where were at and that we are somewhat safely in the tourney. If not it will be one of the all time screw-ups of recent years

wow 14 turnover half for fsu. We had 14 against them.
Makes me think Jessie was solid for us, if we kept those to 8-10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom