The Buddy leash | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Buddy leash

Buddy is a poor man's Marius Janulis but plays minutes like he's a rich man's Matt Roe. Maybe a bit harsh but I just don't see any reason why he should have more shot attempts than anyone on the team despite the fact that he's played three fewer games. There shouldn't be that kind of a discrepancy. Guerrier is our John Wallace out there. Give him the rock!
It’s ridiculous he missed 3 games and is only 16 total shots behind Griffin for most on the team.
Griffin has better numbers across the board shooting as well this year in less minutes.

Guerrier and Dolezaj need more shots.
Buddy is playing like Kobe on the post Shaq Lakers.
Getting all these shots.
His shooting numbers are down from last year.
He played remarkable against UNC and Georgetown.

However he plays too many minutes. His PER 40 stats are barely higher than this current numbers.

A lot of times coaches are tougher on their kids than the other players which I don't agree with. I never thought in a million years JB would go so easy on Buddy. I have said it before I think we lose out on great recruits because kids in 2021 don't want to take the chance of getting in the dog house and they certainly don't want to ride the pine while coach's son plays 38 minutes a game. Buddy is a good player but needs to sit when he is off and making mistakes just like the other players on the team.

I don’t think the locker room is an issue for JB as it pertains to Buddy.
Buddy is a good kid.
JB plays him too much.
I ask this where is Kadary getting more minutes in the future seasons going to come from.
There is no reason right now JG-BB-KR aren’t playing 22-28 MPG each like Scoop Jardine, Dion Waiters and Brandon Triche did in 2011.

Buddy plays 14 MPG more than Kadary that is the issue and Buddy’s not a better defender and Buddy’s offense doesn’t dictate playing all those minutes.
Especially if the defense improves with him resting.
If Kadary played as many minutes as Buddy he would outscore him for the season.

Its as obvious as the nose on Jims face. He plays Buddy more than he should. Its hard to blame him as at the end of the day HOF or little league Dads will be Dads. Im pretty much sure we all would. Buddy is a good player. Solid D1 player who on this team should probably play about 10 minutes less a game unless hes hot. Jims not going to stop being his Dad so this isnt going to end. Its fortunate Buddy had to sit out some games earlier or we might not have seen Kadary play at all.

38% FG, 29% 3PT, 15.2 FGA/game (most by 2.7 FGA/game on the team), 15.1 PPG.

I could post a bunch more stats, but the bottom line is Buddy is the most inefficient player we have.

He's taking almost 25% of Syracuse's shots each game.

I could post a bunch more stats, but the bottom line is Buddy is the most inefficient player we have.

This issue is completely fair game.
It’s not made up. You can’t say the best players are playing the most minutes when they are hot. When it’s just not true.

Mike, please listen to his Dad and re calculate your statistics.

Out of the 25% ONLY count made shots or shots where Buddy was fouled.

Next any other shot that resulted in an offensive rebound doesnt count.

Change all missed shots that result in a rebound that eventually becomes a basket or made foul shot to an assist.

Thx

Buddy is the best 3 point shooter on this team, hands down. When they have 3 point shooting contests in practice Buddy wins them. Every. Single. Time. He is just getting into top form now because of the covid issues. That's why he is playing so much, to get his condition back and his stroke focused. If you were managing a baseball team and your best hitter is in a slump, do you take him out of the lineup? Also, his team mates know that he is an elite 3 point shooter because they see it everyday in practice, so this supposed descension is just made up on this board by the professional Boeheim hating contingent.

Buddy is the best 3 point shooter on this team, hands down. When they have 3 point shooting contests in practice Buddy wins them. Every. Single. Time. He is just getting into top form now because of the covid issues. That's why he is playing so much, to get his condition back and his stroke focused. If you were managing a baseball team and your best hitter is in a slump, do you take him out of the lineup? Also, his team mates know that he is an elite 3 point shooter because they see it everyday in practice, so this supposed descension is just made up on this board by the professional Boeheim hating contingent.
Sitting Buddy an extra 10 minutes a game will help him from getting the dreaded " coon dog" Elbow and provide his other team mates who win the rebounding and defense contest with a little PT.

You’d think buddy would have a private talk with his dad about how ridiculous this is? Or does buddy really think he’s that special? He’s becoming bizarro Robin Hood - stealing minutes from the underprivileged.

That
Sitting Buddy an extra 10 minutes a game will help him from getting the dreaded " coon dog" Elbow and provide his other team mates who win the rebounding and defense contest with a little PT.
That's not how the coaching see's it. And the players on that team want to win and they know there are going to be games, tournament games, where Buddy will go unconscious and throw in 40 and beat a goliath. They want him to be 100% where he is capable of being.

Haha! Hilarious.
Anybody with any sports acumen knows about midseason form. That's when the team has gelled and the individual players have found their groove. Buddy is the kind of shooter that could hit 10 3's in a game, the coaches know that, his team mates know that and anybody who knows basketball knows that.

Anybody with any sports acumen knows about midseason form. That's when the team has gelled and the individual players have found their groove. Buddy is the kind of shooter that could hit 10 3's in a game, the coaches know that, his team mates know that and anybody who knows basketball knows that.

lol.

Play guys MORE(even though he always plays that much), when they’re returning from being out.

And he’s going to have 40 and 10 3’s against a Goliath in the tournament.

Good stuff!

lol.

Play guys MORE(even though he always plays that much), when they’re returning from being out.

And he’s going to have 40 and 10 3’s against a Goliath in the tournament.

Good stuff!
I guess you would attribute his lower shooting percentage this year to him be a worse shooter now. And yes, he is capable of shooting the lights out any given game.

You literally ruin debates with this.
No facts.
No support.
Bombastic blubber that does nothing to address the point.
Posts like this are why debating legitimate issues go off the rails.

Buddy is a good player. He isn’t the best player on this team.
If he had LeBron James as his teammate and he was told to stand in the corner and make 3’s maybe he could hit 10 3’s but if he is the lead dog it won’t happen.

The kid is shooting 29% from 3 if he took less shots that would be higher.

I guess you would attribute his lower shooting percentage this year to him be a worse shooter now. And yes, he is capable of shooting the lights out any given game.

His career high is 26. He’s going for 40 in the tournament?

Dont back peddle now!

Usually guys initially play less when they’re working their way back from an absence.

When you shoot more shots and don’t make them you numbers go down.

If Buddy was making 40% from 3 let him fire away as a high volume shooter.
If you are shooting 29% shoot smarter.

Right. I’m not answering that guy’s patronizing goofy questions or playing his games.

But playing too much and shooting too much would often partially explain why a good shooter’s numbers stink.

Buddy is the best 3 point shooter on this team and the coaching staff has decided that the best way to get him back to top form is to play him into form, which they did with Phat Joe and we see that has worked out as planned, but you know more than a guy with over a thousand wins

Buddy is the best 3 point shooter on this team and the coaching staff has decided that the best way to get him back to top form is to play him into form, which they did with Phat Joe and we see that has worked out as planned, but you know more than a guy with over a thousand wins
You are exactly why debate can’t happen.
You literally have no clue what the coaches thing.
Bulldog04 laid out more in one post last week than you ever have.

This post is why debate is pointless. It’s not worthy of a response.

That
That's not how the coaching see's it. And the players on that team want to win and they know there are going to be games, tournament games, where Buddy will go unconscious and throw in 40 and beat a goliath. They want him to be 100% where he is capable of being.
You have no clue what the coaches think. You are parroting the head coach only

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom