The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread... | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread...

Isn’t it also possible that SU could just stop calling it the “Carrier Dome” instead just calling it The Dome in all their media? Effectively Carrier gets no publicity or benefit out of it. The university effectively loses nothing. Maybe the hope would be they relinquish naming since they realize they won’t get anything anymore except bad publicity? I mean, it’s at least plausible, right? Not saying likely, but if the university isn’t getting anything out of it and the company (who got an absolute steal) isn’t willing to come back and at least try to be a decent partner, then why allow them to benefit? (Maybe I’m just a jerk, who knows. But I’d be the first one to say yeah I worked you over, I probably should do something at least to help you out a little to make up for it now, 40 years later)

a good business partner - when there is a viable partnership.

donating another 1 time amount equivalent to peanuts is not a long term viable partnership.

id also argue that dropping carrier dome 100+ times INCLUDING in an actual !!!quote!!! is not being a good business partner. I highly doubt the University dropped all mentioning of it and coached friends of the program to no longer use it on national tv to get free HVAC.

All relationships have ups and downs. See it however you want. If I recall, the name is still on the building and there is no requirement for the use "Carrier Dome" elsewhere. If Carrier and SU want to part ways, so be it.

Isn’t it also possible that SU could just stop calling it the “Carrier Dome” instead just calling it The Dome in all their media? Effectively Carrier gets no publicity or benefit out of it. The university effectively loses nothing. Maybe the hope would be they relinquish naming since they realize they won’t get anything anymore except bad publicity? I mean, it’s at least plausible, right? Not saying likely, but if the university isn’t getting anything out of it and the company (who got an absolute steal) isn’t willing to come back and at least try to be a decent partner, then why allow them to benefit? (Maybe I’m just a jerk, who knows. But I’d be the first one to say yeah I worked you over, I probably should do something at least to help you out a little to make up for it now, 40 years later)

"negotiations" with Carrier seem to be going well...

"Syracuse will square off with Maryland-Baltimore County for the second time in program history when the two squads meet on Tuesday, November 10, in the Stadium."

"negotiations" with Carrier seem to be going well...

"Syracuse will square off with Maryland-Baltimore County for the second time in program history when the two squads meet on Tuesday, November 10, in the Stadium."
Woah. That ain't a typo

OK ive spent the last 10 minutes matching every major Ondondaga employer with Stadium vs Dome to see which sounds better,,,I know nothing

OK ive spent the last 10 minutes matching every major Ondondaga employer with Stadium vs Dome to see which sounds better,,,I know nothing
How about the Amazon Stadium at Syracuse U or Amazon Athletic Complex at SU? I mean now that we are getting a major distribution hub, why not?
I mean the beauty of Amazon(or other) Athletic Complex would bypass Carrier altogether still could be technically the Carrier Dome, but just never mentioned of in any way except for a small(tiny) plaque on the building.

Last edited:
Oh, so now Cuse is not only not calling it “Carrer”, they’re not even calling it “Dome” anymore? ;)

1591646916918.gif

How about the Amazon Stadium at Syracuse U or Amazon Athletic Complex at SU? I mean now that we are getting a major distribution hub, why not?
I mean the beauty of Amazon(or other) Athletic Complex would bypass Carrier altogether still could be technically the Carrier Dome, but just never mentioned of in any way except for a small(tiny) plaque on the building.
If that ever happens, it will quickly be nicknamed "The Rainforest"

It's never not gonna be "the Dome".

Oh, I can think of million$ of rea$on$ why it may not be “the Dome” anymore. ;)

If we don’t call it The Dome, then it stands to reason that it cannot be The Carrier Dome any longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom