The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread...

Wasn't Chase-Pitkin a garden store next to Shoppingtown? Haven't seen that name for a long time.

As a 17 year employee of Chase-Pitkin (WEGMANS), I would be thrilled but honestly suprised. As a company that spans a lot of ACC territory, it makes a world of sense. I’d be suprised because they are a Rochester company, and I can’t think of a time they put their name on anything of that magnitude.

Wasn't Chase-Pitkin a garden store next to Shoppingtown? Haven't seen that name for a long time.
We had three in syracuse, and yes that was the newest one. 15 stores total, we closed in 06.

I think it would fall under cable net dome. We still have a dome!! Just don't call it the Carrier Cable Net Dome...

I think it would be interesting (and a first of its kind) if the new name did not include any of stadium, dome, coliseum, field, bowl etc.

Take it as an opportunity to start a new trend. The Orange Arch, The Alumni Arch, The 44 House, etc.

I think it would be interesting (and a first of its kind) if the new name did not include any of stadium, dome, coliseum, field, bowl etc.

Take it as an opportunity to start a new trend. The Orange Arch, The Alumni Arch, The 44 House, etc.
How much money would those names give us a year?

Sorry to hear that, I liked going in there. I do a lot of gardening now.
We had three in syracuse, and yes that was the newest one. 15 stores total, we closed in 06.

Let's hope that if Syracuse is renaming the stadium, a contract has already been signed. With COVID, there may not be many companies willing to part with any cash right now or their offer might be much lower.

Key is to get market rate of 5M per year, whatever its called. Use the money for continual improvements to interior. Allow sponsor to put shiny sign on building. I would think Wegmans with its continued growth and trajectory would make perfect sense.
I think that would be way overvaluing the annual naming rights for the Syracuse University stadium. More power to them if they can get 5M, but I just do not believe it would be even close to that.

What articles would you expect before an announcement of an agreement? I said there had been none announced. Maybe none will be, if no agreement has been reached, that does not say negotiations have not been ongoing. You can make any conclusions you want but there has been no definitive announcement one way or the other.

you said "where have you been" like i missed something.

however - you can scroll through here and the majority of the opinions are going to be that the carrier name will be no longer - specifically starting in august when they dropped carrier off of 50+ references.

you said "where have you been" like i missed something.

however - you can scroll through here and the majority of the opinions are going to be that the carrier name will be no longer - specifically starting in august when they dropped carrier off of 50+ references.
All opinions no facts. The fact there was negotiations has been mentioned many times, not my fault you were unaware of this. Again no word as to results of those negotiatons. Carrier may be unwilling to budge but there is nothing final on any of this at present. Removal of mention on SU sites is a common tactic in such negotiations.
Look to where the A/C is being sourced from that will tell us a lot.

If this is true and Carrier continues to not have to pay a dime, then this way more than sucks
Maybe they are leveraged into donating the HVAC system. How much is that worth? If you listen to some SU fans, not having AC was a catastrophe of epic proportions.

Maybe they are leveraged into donating the HVAC system. How much is that worth? If you listen to some SU fans, not having AC was a catastrophe of epic proportions.

For the September and early October games, it was. LAX season in April and graduation is the only time you really need AC. Other than that, you don't notice it.

I'm hoping it's something along these lines if Carrier gets to keep the name.

How much is that HVAC install worth? I would have no idea

For the September and early October games, it was. LAX season in April and graduation is the only time you really need AC. Other than that, you don't notice it.
AC opens up the summer months to hosting concerts, events, etc, in the dome. That alone generates a lot of money for the facility. There's more utility to it than simply SU football and hoops games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom